First Grow - Brown Spots on Leaves - Please Help!

denverbroncos

Hi All - this is my first grow since moving to Denver (got to love this state!)

Everything has gone well so far and i am 6 WEEKS INTO FLOWERING now - these brown spots popped up on my top leaves (more on top leaves than bottom) and i have no idea what it is... i have att'd pics to help with diagnosing

Here is little about the setup:
LED light
Lemon Kush seed
On day 43 of flowering
flushed it Sunday since that is when the brown spots appeared - they don't seem to have spread much but wherever they are is getting worse.

PLEASE HELP A FELLOW NEWB with HIS FIRST GROW!@!

ALso - any comments about the plant definitely help me, been hard to find feedback and support!!!
20150929_101737.jpg
20150929_100416.jpg

Thanks brickz!

Weird thing is that I bought "cal/mag" a couple weeks ago and started applying in very light doses with my notes (bio Bizz)... Could that have caused it oringally (happened about 1.5 wks after first application of cal/mag)?

If not... Should I give it a heavy dose of cal mag now? I flushed on Sunday so know she is dying for food prob but been freaking out

Please let me know what you think and cheers on the advice !!!!

I had the same happening a lot and started adding some epsons salt to my nute cycle at about half the box recommendation and they are better. The ones that already were showing problems didn't get any worse and the new plants never started to show those problems.

Cool, I been reading what you guys are saying and makes a lot of sense... Def looks like a cal/mag deficiency from the pics

RickyBobby - should I just add Epsom salts to my feeding mix whn in flowering next time?? I have a ton of salt buildup in my soil I think... I Use black smart pots and the side is white from when the water drys ( from salt in soil)

I just flushed Sunday - should I water and add some cal/mag and Epsom salt in with it ???

Thanks again everyone, complete newb with my first grow here and don't want to become discouraged :(

I don't know if I would add both. See if someone else chimes in. I have read that even if you over do it with epsons salt it doesn't hurt the plant. When you did your flush did the run off look dark like tea colored? With that much build up another flush might not hurt and then just do the foliar misting for the nutes that you would normally use but less concentration.

I believe cal/mag will supply the same thing that epsons salt does but there may be some micro nutrients that help too that cal/mag doesn't have. I'd have to look again.

Yes, the runoff was dark colored and lightened up a bit by end of flush... I didn't flush the 2-3x pot size though cause ran out of pH'd water that sat out night before... Only ran ~2 gallons of water thru (its potted in 3 gallon pot)

Think I should flush her again (just did on Sunday tho)? Also annoying cause I am approaching harvest and wanted to leach her for next two weeks and she may die since no nutes?

Thanks again Ricky Bobby - you the man!!

I happen to be a Broncos fan lol so like the name. Played football in High school with their starting strong safety. I was his backup lol.

Anyway. What I would do is flush it well again and then wait about an hour and follow up the flush with a light feeding of bloom nutes and cal/mag. Plants are used to a flush then feed type of system-in natural setting. Then continue the recommended nute schedule out till chop. She won't die on you. Took a male plant, pot and all, and stuck it in a trash bag and tied it up and it was alive for weeks inside the trash bag without fresh water, much air, hardly any light, and it kept on popping out pollen sacks all the while. Sometimes people get so caught up in babying their plants that they forget where the plants came from. They are sensitive but not as much as people get to thinking. Used to animals and bugs and wind storms and heavy downpour rainfall and drought and more throughout the course of a season and they have survived that for millions, billions of years. Post up some pics after a while

Oh that is sick, their defense is legit ... Love Talib , he is like a receiver playing CB

OK - thanks again for the advice... I just flushed again right now... Going to wait the hour then feed half strenght nutes , I will get a picture up once she back under lights

Only thing is... Those affected leaves (above pics) are getting really dry and crispy , they are kinda by the bud too - leaves aren't fan leaves - they look like smaller ones - is that ok?

Thanks man, first grow just hoping to get some sort of a harvest... the nuggs don't look tight yet though and a lot of white hairs standing up going their own way lol

Thanks, I shall burn one as I await this flush to settle in ;)

20150930_123147.jpg

updated pic after the second flush today, light nutes and cal/mag after... lets hope she fattens up and stops getting freaky on the kid1

Broncos De has been treating ny fantasy team alright so far. Can't complain. The real deal this week was Aaron Rodgers and Cobb combo. Manning and D Thomas were right behind em though.

Plant doesn't look bad at all. Do keep an eye out for bud rot if the single leaves coming outta the buds are getting discolored. You can bend the bud gently and look inside and make sure it's not getting brown n mushy and smell like mold on the inside. I had it once. Never want it again. She has a little while to go so just keep an eye on humidity and keep those big buds from getting damp. Let the soil dry out properly between waterings. The damaged leaves won't repair themselves but there shouldn't be showing new damage on good leaves once the problem is corrected.

Cobb went off last week, I got demarco murrary who is worst high pick of 2015 haha McManus has been putting up QB points haha

Thanks man, I having a hard time this wk keeping RH under 50% which is weird indenver since so dry.. It is usually under 45 and had it down to 28 last wk.. Bought a cheap dehumidifier from amazon but it sucks

Will the buds out on any more weight and/or tighten up??;I am like 44 days into flowering now , they don't seem like they're tight and dense ;)

O yea just wait the next couple of weeksshe will pack on some pounds, figuratively speaking. Your strain looks a ton like mine and mine have the same brown spot issues etc, might be related plants. Mine flower for about 60 days. They put on size and get more dense the most notable between days days 30-50 usually then the last week or so they have quit plumping and when I see mostly cloudy and an Amber tich here n there I chop them.

Wouldn't worry bout the rh that much. Mine is in 60s all summer and had no major issues. Looking forward to winter though and having it drop

Just watered her and put some cal mag and bloom nutes ... The flush seems to have stopped the spread of brown spots but the top leaves seemsl to be dried and curling up (brown tips) on top leaves (from 1/4 of leaf)..

I am at like day 46 of flowering... Have like 2 weeks left and thinking of water only from here out (no nutes) - any advice ??

Try to get a pic up again but think I will make harvest? Top leaves , coming out of very top part of cola seem to not have recovered and got very dry with brown curled tips

Once the leaves have been damaged they don't recover so as long as the newgrowth looks good I'd dday you are in the clear. I pluck off the crispy ones. I give mine nutes up to the week of harvesting. Them the last two wateringsjust plain water and honestly I don't know if the plain water at the end changes anything. But they really pack on the weight/ density the last couple weeks so I don't like to short tthen on their food when they are trying to grow.

Yes, the damaged ones haven't recovered and seemed to get really dry - i've attached some updated pics

let me know what you think - how much longer, i was thinking about 1.5 weeks?

Hoping the top stops getting so dry , and hopeful i will be able to bring in my first Denver grow here!! ;)

20151006_100653.jpg
20151006_100618.jpg
20151006_100543.jpg

Thanks for the reply RickyBobby - and appreciate the help throughout my first grow!!!

Hope the cola is big , any guesstimate on how much a yield minimum - will I get at least like 12 grams ??

I had bought a cheap manigying glass and it worked like crap so been hesitant to repurchase (and broke) ... I know trichomes is best way to check but due to that I may have to go amateur route and look at pistils :(

Any suggestions on a good cheap lense that is portable ??? I am thinking I'm like a week and a half off until harvest , does that sound closee

I got four different loupes off of eBay. They were all cheap cheap and three of them were crap but the one 60x with a light works pretty well.

Going by pistils I would let at least 50% go Amber/brown before harvest. In the pics I dont see any brown yet.

I can't tell how big it actually is in the pics but it looks like u should clear far more than 12g. I get 12g each off plants-in 2 liter bottles in my sog. That top cola alone once matured will be an O is my prediction.

That would be awesome, just hope these leaves hold out up top!!

I am going to try and top my next one , hopefully get a better shape out of her... This was my complete first grow and tried a lil LST but fckd it up bad lol

Some of the pistils on the lower branches are brown but top of main cola are mostly white... Heard they need to turn brown / Amber like u said and they'll curl back in a bit

Harvest is going to be interesting lol ... Just hoping not to get mold - there are so many opinions and variations of "right humidity level" and length of dry/cure lol

Keep you posted and cheers mate !

Back
Top Bottom