Are Avidekel seeds available?

Avidekel is simply a clone-only re-brand of the ACDC phenotype of Cannatonic (available from our Sponsors )

Cannatonic, FWIW, is not "MK-Ultra x G13" as we were told before, the real genetics of Cannatonic are "Reina Madre x NYCD", according to an update by Resin Seeds.

This means that "Cannatonic" is essentially the same as "Juanita la Lagrimosa"

The rest is a phenotype hunt :goodluck:

The scientists obtained a CBD-rich strain called “Avidekel” from Tikkun Olam, an Israeli medical marijuana producer. Referred to as “clone 202” in this study, Avidekel has hardly any THC and therefore is not intoxicating. The origins of Avidekel can be traced to Spain, where breeders developed several phenotypes of “Cannatonic” (as in “cannabis tonic”), including a strain that measures close to 20 percent CBD by dry weight with almost no intoxicating ingredients. (The same high-yielding CBD-dominant strain is known as “ACDC” in California.)

Source: Project CBD

Avidekel is simply a clone-only re-brand of the ACDC phenotype of Cannatonic (available from our Sponsors )

Cannatonic, FWIW, is not "MK-Ultra x G13" as we were told before, the real genetics of Cannatonic are "Reina Madre x NYCD", according to an update by Resin Seeds.

This means that "Cannatonic" is essentially the same as "Juanita la Lagrimosa"

The rest is a phenotype hunt :goodluck:

I did not know that it Avidekel was the same as ACDC, thank you.

I bought one Cannatonic seed from Herbies awhile back and just started curing it a couple of days ago... If I remember correctly, there is a 25% chance of that happening so if I'm reading this right maybe I'll get lucky and have it sooner than I had hoped.

I bought one Cannatonic seed from Herbies awhile back and just started curing it a couple of days ago... If I remember correctly, there is a 25% chance of that happening so if I'm reading this right maybe I'll get lucky and have it sooner than I had hoped.

Ideal would be a ten pack (or two) of the regular, non-feminised Cannatonic (or "Juanita la Lagrimosa") seeds; Sown and grown under 12/12, the males weeded out and every female cloned and labelled. Then you have a 1 in 4 chance of finding something like the Avidekel aka ACDC in there.

Ideal would be a ten pack (or two) of the regular, non-feminised Cannatonic (or "Juanita la Lagrimosa") seeds; Sown and grown under 12/12, the males weeded out and every female cloned and labelled. Then you have a 1 in 4 chance of finding something like the Avidekel aka ACDC in there.

By the way, I just put 2 Sin City Thunder Struck in soil this morning. I think I'm getting closer to what I'm looking for.
What are your thoughts on this strain?

By the way, I just put 2 Sin City Thunder Struck in soil this morning. I think I'm getting closer to what I'm looking for.
What are your thoughts on this strain?

This is all going in the right direction :high-five: Good choice, another ACDC strain (with a little luck) :thumb:

This is all going in the right direction :high-five: Good choice, another ACDC strain (with a little luck) :thumb:

Richard, I appreciate you helping me understand how these strains are interrelated and I think I get it now.

Do I have this right?

ACDC is the high CBD phenotype of Cannatonic

Avidekel is actually ACDC

Thunderstruck is also ACDC

Then if I grow out Thunderstruck successfully, I'll actually have the high CBD Cannatonic phenotype and Avidekel too? This is how it is looking to me but I'd like you to verify the logic please.

Avidekel = ACDC = Cannatonic (high CBD phenotype) = Thunderstruck

If this is true I can quit looking and concentrate on growing.

I really appreciate you help.
Beav:thumb:

Your logic is correct, you have seeds bred from a high CBD phenotype of Cannatonic aka Juanita La Lagrimosa.

Do I have this right?

ACDC is the high CBD phenotype of Cannatonic

Avidekel is actually ACDC

Thunderstruck is also ACDC

Then if I grow out Thunderstruck successfully, I'll actually have the high CBD Cannatonic phenotype and Avidekel too?

However, they are seeds, so you will have still have some variation in the CBD/THC ratio of each plant.

Somewhere in there is an ACDC or an Avidekel, you just have to find it.

Grow as many as you can from seed, clone every plant and keep growing & testing until you find your keeper.

Your logic is correct, you have seeds bred from a high CBD phenotype of Cannatonic aka Juanita La Lagrimosa.

However, they are seeds, so you will have still have some variation in the CBD/THC ratio of each plant.

Somewhere in there is an ACDC or an Avidekel, you just have to find it.

Grow as many as you can from seed, clone every plant and keep growing & testing until you find your keeper.

I have started digging around looking for info on how to get a sample tested for CBD & THC. I would rather not do a test where I have to compare colors of a sample to a chart. It looks to me like Steep Hill Labs can test from a sample for around $35-$40 "IF" they will accept samples "sent" in. Is this a good choice for someone living in a remote location? Are there other labs I should consider too?
Thanks

Nice ripoff by the way, another reason not to trust commercial seed market.

I have started digging around looking for info on how to get a sample tested for CBD & THC. I would rather not do a test where I have to compare colors of a sample to a chart. It looks to me like Steep Hill Labs can test from a sample for around $35-$40 "IF" they will accept samples "sent" in. Is this a good choice for someone living in a remote location? Are there other labs I should consider too?
Thanks

If you don't want a home test kit, contact Steep Hill and ask about their "Express Potency" test.

There may also be testing facilities that are closer to you, where local dispensaries get their products tested.

If they will not accept a sample, then a home test is your only choice.

Comparing colored dots is not so bad, you are only looking for a big CBD dot and a teeny weenie THC dot.

FYI, I asked Sin City Seeds what they thought about the comparison of ACDC, Avidekel, Thunderstruck and the higher CBD Cannatonic phenotype. I received the following reply this morning which help to narrow my search. I would still like to be able to grow out a couple ACDC plants, but I'm not going to bust my rear end to find one now.
Thanks Sin City!:thumb:
I also contacted my good buddies at Herbies and ordered some Treasure Island seeds (4:1 CBD:THC)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sin CitySeeds <sincityseeds@yahoo.com>
10:52 AM (6 minutes ago)
to me, sincity
ACDC is said to be a pheno of Cannatonic. But when going through Cannatonic seeds we were never able to find anything close to the ratio of our ACDC.

So honestly I cannot confirm that story for you.

If your looking for our CBD varieties...

Check out The Dank Team or Oregon elite seeds.

Both sites have our high CBD varieties in stock.

Thanks for the support!
SCS

Back
Top Bottom