Opinions? Week 4 since pistils - Week 7 since flip

samy109

I've been battling all kinds of issues from stretchy plant, to high heat, to res problems. I got the res temps down, added some aquashielf, kept res temps down,`got room temp down to 80 degrees, got lights in with the buds, got ph to 5.9 and dropped ppm down to 1200 since 1700 was way too high according to you guys. Since then I have seen an explosion in bud growth. I made a decision though and i'm not sure if it was the right one. All the BOTTOM shit buds, which seems to have no volume even this far into flowering, I cut off and threw away. I lolipopped it. I also cut all the bud shoots which were new and shouldn't of been forming this far into flower, in my mind this will redirect energy to the tops and make them gain the weight which would of gone to the shit buds. Ever since then the main buds have EXPLODED, and i'm just curious of everyones opinions of them and how they look health wise.
1100ppm 5.9ph, 65 res temp 80f temp, 250w of lights.

Here's the lolipopped bottom, nice and bare and neat:
20160925_122039.jpg

And here's the crazy tops, Note there is around 8, only 4 of them fit in the picture. They are getting BIG.

20160925_122118.jpg

Looks pretty good. When you lollipop them though, take the stem all the way off. Leaving pieces can invite mold to form.

Thanks, I'll remember this next time! It also looks ugly... Would I be correct to assume I still have a good month to go and a lot of bud development/fattening to go?

It's been in flower for a good 6 - 7 weeks now, as in from flip. I flipped when it was very young so it took a good few weeks before it actually began to flower. It started pistils 4 weeks ago. So i'd say it's been in true flower for around 4 weeks.

I'd say you have another 3-5 weeks depending on strain. It's kinda hard to see full bud shots in those pictures, but it doesnt appear to have any amber pistils yet.

That's what I figured. It's actually bagseed, so it could be 3 weeks or it could be 6. It seems to be a hybrid though so I think another month and i'll be ready to go... it's just crazy because the buds are already this big and frosty. I can only imagine the fist size frosty colas my patience will eventually reward me with. It's so hard to wait, but each day it just gets better :)

As a side note all the microbuds I cut off and the bottom shoots, I took all the buds and dried and smoked them. Even though they were tiny and not much volume, it was a nice floaty buzz that came down to be very euphoric and relaxing and mellow like it made me want to sleep. I can only imagine the kick these colas will have by week 8 when I harvest!

Back
Top Bottom