Pics - How is germination setup?

cnile

0-24 hours soak seeds in 75 F RO water

two of them shoed a little tail, the rest did not

i popped them in the holes after 24 of soaking and now the bottom of cubes and inside dome is around 78 F degrees

the cubes are still wet its only been 8 hours in cubes.

is everything ok looking so far?

thanks.

DSCN08358.JPG

DSCN08347.JPG

Thats perfect. Though you probably don't need lights for the first day or two. Once they pop up for sure.

I didn't use a dome and she came out just fine. Definitely no dome once she pops. High humidity is really just for clones. Seedlings grow in all range of humidity.

Looks like a nice big garden you have. You should start a Grow journal and share the journey.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Making things too difficult. Take some wet paper towel with your reverse osmosis water. Wet but not absolutely soaking. Tuck your seed or seeds inside the wet paper towel. Put the paper towel inside something that will keep it dark. Set it somewhere where it will be kept somewhere between 75 and 85 degrees in the dark and give it a day or sometimes up to 2 and it's that simple. A heating pad on low usually works well to set your seeds on to keep them warm in the dark. I've never had an issue and have at least a 95% success rate that way.

Sent from my android from outer space!

Making things too difficult. Take some wet paper towel with your reverse osmosis water. Wet but not absolutely soaking. Tuck your seed or seeds inside the wet paper towel. Put the paper towel inside something that will keep it dark. Set it somewhere where it will be kept somewhere between 75 and 85 degrees in the dark and give it a day or sometimes up to 2 and it's that simple. A heating pad on low usually works well to set your seeds on to keep them warm in the dark. I've never had an issue and have at least a 95% success rate that way.

Sent from my android from outer space!

That is a great way to start the seed but I have difficulty getting my old farmer sausage-fingers to delicately place the sprout into a gro-block without damage. Straight seed into the block soaked with a drop of lemon juice and water is less stressful for me and ultimately the babies too. Plus the scratchy media helps to remove the helmet-head seed husk as the hook emerges.
Happy Growing :volcano-smiley:

That is a great way to start the seed but I have difficulty getting my old farmer sausage-fingers to delicately place the sprout into a gro-block without damage. Straight seed into the block soaked with a drop of lemon juice and water is less stressful for me and ultimately the babies too. Plus the scratchy media helps to remove the helmet-head seed husk as the hook emerges.
You can use some tweezers to place them in the cubes from the paper towel. I germinate mine like Fanleaf does.

I know the feeling. I wear a size 13 ring. All the men in my family have huge fingers. The nice thing about using paper towel is that you can leave a little of it around the seed, grab it with tweezers lightly and tuck it with the seed it in right in your medium with a little of the paper towel. The paper towel wont hurt anything.

Back
Top Bottom