Dual Spectrum CFLs

Pato242

G'day all from down under ( Australia ) very kool site !!!

ok i have just set up a small grow tent 1.2 x 1.6 x 600 ( from ebay ) including a CFL 130watt 2700k/6400k DUAL SPECTRUM light under a bat wing reflector and would like to know if any one has or is using the same light?? and growing from seed Autoflower plants only one week old but look good ( coco/ soil mix ). 24/0 lighting has anyone information about this please. ( as this my first grow inside )
:thanks:

I think he's just being a smart ass... lol. You should use only 6500K for vegetative then switch to the dual spectrum for your flowering cycle.

Personally I was just thinking about ordering a dual spectrum in october... what I want to do though is veg under a 100w 6500K CFL, flower my first 2 weeks with a 125w 2100K CFL then finish the last of its days with a dual spectrum.

lol. idk, I just thought you figured I was trolling people...

This is the Sun God Komee 4U Mini dual spectrum... sells on eBay for about $60 Canadian.

KGrHqVHJ_8E-E7jRHUzBPmwCdrKK_60_57.JPG

This is what I use for vegetative myself... a 100w (500w equiv) Sun God Komee Mini-Lotus 6500K CFL (I also have the 2700K bulb, but your dual spectrum would be better).

4ublaster.JPG

lol, nothing right now. The socket is actually a standard household lamp taken apart. I plan on buying a reflector within the next couple months but it comes with an E39 socket. So I either have to upgrade my bulbs to an E39 200w CFL or get an E39 to E27 socket adapter. ..... probably both. I have a string tying the light horizontally and it's hanging off my closet rack's ring. I plan on buying a grow tent from the local shop for like $180 soon.

I am not familiar with the plug nomenclature. Would a clamp style dome reflector work with it? I know it's less than optimal. What about the 200W CFL reflectors like you see on Amazon.

A 100w Sun God Komee 4U Blaster 6500K/2700K would fit in it (my veg light)... but not a Lotus or dual spectrum. I think your socket is too close to the reflector for where the bulb bumps out. I'll go check out the amazon reflectors now..

I found one on Amazon Canada. But it's designed to be plugged into a ballast like most of them. You'll need to either cut the cord and put on a outlet adapter or buy a E39 to E27 adapter for the Mini-Lotus. The one I want to buy at the local grow shop is designed for ballasts (HPS/MH), but he'll make it a standard plug CFL compatible free of charge.

Pato I think we have the same CFL setups. I am going to use mine to germinate.

Event are you going to make a journal and show us the capability of CFLs? Do a proper journal so I can follow along.

Hey Juan ,, I will post fresh photo's each week ( I have just ordered another CFL with 6400k and will use both ) as for a journal i will give it a go ( if i can figer out how too lol )
IMG_188917.JPG
This was the first try with my cfl dual spec 2700/6400 k .with ten year old rubbish seeds .here the plant is 6-7 weeks old ( now outside ) they seemed to like the dual spectrum light

Back
Top Bottom