T5 grow - Help please

Burtski

Hello. Was going to try from start to finish with a t5 grow. I have a 5 light 4' long canopy. My tent is 4x2x5'. Anyone out there tried what im about to try? With success? Thanks

Haven't tried myself, but I've seen a guy use only T5's in a DIY mini stealth cabinet running perpetually on 12/12 (SoG) from seed to finish, very succesfully.
How many watts and what spectrum are your lights?

Hello and thanks for the reply. Not sure at this time. At work. I'll check it out when I get home. The light fixture is used. Not much. Very heavy and the guy told me he paid $300.00 Canadian for it. I have a 400 watt MH and HPS also. Thanks so much

Yes I have used 1 4ft 6 bulb t5 fixture that used 320w and put out 30,000 lumen and was able to pull .7 grams per watt. I grew 3 plants under it in 3 gal. Pots and got a dried total of 223 grams. I love the results CFL and T5s give. I also have HPS and LED but for my personal needs and space CFL and T5 work the best for me. And all talk about getting fluffy buds or airy buds is all FALSE out of the past 2 years and several grows I only had one plant yield fluffy or airy buds and it was the strain I believe not the lighting. It's all up to the grower in what he yields I believe.

20160626_224400.jpg
20160626_224447.jpg
20160626_224453.jpg
20151116_171642.jpg
20151116_171650.jpg
20151118_002054.jpg

These were all grown under fluorescent lighting either CFL or T5. These are the results I get with that lighting, actually gave me some of the best meds. I ever had.

hi Johnw,
Nice to meet you.
how many cfl and t5? what about grow topping / lst and breed of plant? I am currently using cfl for night lighting. plants and bud look great.

Thanks

CFL-I used 8 23w 5000k bulbs for veg and 10 42w 2700k bulbs for flower. I used little LSTZ cause those girls were autos but usually I bowl train my plants which and to pull the branches out from the center to create a short wide plant looks like a bowl. Lol. And with t5s I used a 4ft 6 bulb fixture 324w 30,000 lumens. Hope that helps.

Oh yes the breeds were all autos. Top 3 pics are sugar black rose f1 from delicious seeds. Middle one is sweet cheese from sweet seeds and bottom 2 are bubbalicious from nirvana.

The most important things of growing in my opinion is evironment is number one. Temps, airflow, humidity. Etc. Lighting to a certain point comes second. So you CAN get great results with t5 and cfl.

No problem. You need anything else feel free to ask. I'll be getting ready to start a new journal. When I do check it out. It's gonna be a mix strain grow.... 2 northern lights auto and a purple kush auto. Under a 6 bulb t5 Ho fixture.

Back
Top Bottom