Has anyone used Yield Lab lights?

GrowerDan

I'm thinking about getting this kit from Amazon:
71vsuOBtA2L_SL1100_.jpg

It has mostly good reviews, but a couple of really bad ones too. Plus I never know if you can trust the reviews. Besides the reviews, there's not all that much info on the light.

Does anyone have any experience with Yield Lab? Is it a good company and do the lights deliver what they promise?

It seems like Yield Lab doesn't have their own website, but I found another site with a lot more info: Grow Light Central

It all sounds great, but obviously they're going to make it sound good since they make money from selling it. I'm starting to think the fact that they don't have a website and that I couldn't find a single thread on this forum discussing Yield Lab tells me all I really need to know: buyer beware.

Im currently using the 1000w version of this setup and was a little dismayed by the lack of tech advice that didnt come with the kit. So far i havent had any problems.

I'm thinking about getting this kit from Amazon:
71vsuOBtA2L_SL1100_.jpg

It has mostly good reviews, but a couple of really bad ones too. Plus I never know if you can trust the reviews. Besides the reviews, there's not all that much info on the light.

Does anyone have any experience with Yield Lab? Is it a good company and do the lights deliver what they promise?

I am using it in a 4x4 tent and am happy. I have had it about a year, changed bulbs once so far. Not a bad buy for the price for sure.

Im a new grower and like growerdan says i couldnt find any info on light spacing for my grow. I bought a Yield Lab 1000 watt double ended XXL hood but not air cooled. As long as you have adequate head spacing you will be ok. These are awesome grow lights and many sizes and styles of lights. My particular light that i bought like growerdan:thumb: had the digital ballast ,XXL hammer finished hood, a MH and HPS double ended light , timer, 2 hangers and the adjustability of the light output which is killer. The only problem i had is 8 foot ceilings inside. I use my spare bedroom for my grow. The heat inside is only 73-78 degrees max. My problem is this double ended light puts out so much intense light that even with the low temperatures at head to waist high that it was actually sunburning my plants. I eventually had to take it down because i couldnt get it high enough to stop burning my plants. I called the company i purchased it from to see if i could put a smaller bulb into it like a 600 but they said i could only use the size light that it is rated for. I had to put my "GRANDPAW" light up from the 70s. Its a vertical 400 WATT but has a 1000 watt MH with the old round hood that theres no telling how much pot that thing has grown since then! Be careful with the light spacing on the larger watt lights they will burn them quickly. If you see any wrinkling on your top leaves move your plants back until you see that they are nice and smooth. My light quickly tweaked every one of my seedlings but i removed them and put them under T-8 florecents and they are doing excellent. Im going to put in a 400 watt bulb to try to use my spare bedroom with the low ceilings. The Yield Lab light is awesome you just need to be careful with your plant spacing these are powerful lights!!

Back
Top Bottom