I need help with lighting

WasabiBuddha

I have 2 300 watt MarsHydro LED lights, I will be planting 3 Master Kush and 3 White Rhino. All this is in Ocean Forest and in a 4 x 4 x 80 tent. Do yall think I have enough light for a veg and flower cycle?

Juan is right. With 2 lights you are pulling only 270w total, divided by 16 sq.ft. = 17w psf. You should be around 50w psf. I have 3 x 600's in similar space for 6 plants, and I'm thinking of adding more light. So you should at least double your lights, or only use half of tent.

Also, each light covers only about 2'x2', Sara can give exact coverage. But 2nd issue is layout. It would be difficult to impossible to cover 6 plants evenly xcept in mini SOG.

I was about to recommend planting only 3 at a time with your set up, but who am I kidding. I'd plant all 6, find a couple more I just couldn't resist and then place a rush order for more lights in a few weeks.

:circle-of-love:According to your growing space4'x4',you need a Reflector 192 or a Mars II 1200.:high-five:
Mars 300 coverage: growth 2'x2',bloom 1.5'x1.5',two pcs would be growth 2'x4' bloom1.5'x3'.:Namaste:
Mars Pro
We have coupon code for 420 member:420magazine.you can get 2 month extended warranty and $5USD off.
I have 2 300 watt MarsHydro LED lights, I will be planting 3 Master Kush and 3 White Rhino. All this is in Ocean Forest and in a 4 x 4 x 80 tent. Do yall think I have enough light for a veg and flower cycle?

:thanks:Thanks for your help.:high-five:
Juan is right. With 2 lights you are pulling only 270w total, divided by 16 sq.ft. = 17w psf. You should be around 50w psf. I have 3 x 600's in similar space for 6 plants, and I'm thinking of adding more light. So you should at least double your lights, or only use half of tent.

Also, each light covers only about 2'x2', Sara can give exact coverage. But 2nd issue is layout. It would be difficult to impossible to cover 6 plants evenly xcept in mini SOG.

I was about to recommend planting only 3 at a time with your set up, but who am I kidding. I'd plant all 6, find a couple more I just couldn't resist and then place a rush order for more lights in a few weeks.

What about if I ran 4 plants? I have some ak48s auto I just ordered, so will put down 1 Master Kush, 1 White Rhino , 2 auto ak48... With my two 300s, do y'all think I'd be fine? I mean I'm sure I will order more lights, I'm definitely not looking to skimp, but if I had to stick with these lights for at least the lifespan of the autos and the veg of the other 2 meds, do y'all think I'd be fine w my 2 300s???

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for all the answers :) wow what a help

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

No, unless you are growing 12" tall plants then I think you need to double it up. The max I would grow on those lights would be two plants, one per light.

You could squeeze 1 auto between WR and MK, but your yield will be very low, and you will get very frustrated with lack of progress. One plant per light is best option and may actually yield more than several overcrowded plants.

Also, you've introduced another problem, mixing photos and autos. When your photos are in flower your auto will only be getting 12 hours of light instead of 18 - 24 hours which will lower production.

Take your time. Make this grow a satisfying one, and enjoy many more. Plus you'll feel a whole lot better about spending more money on lights down the line.:Namaste:

I would use those as supplemental lights and put a cmh in the middle of them and then you can fill the 4x4 easily...

Back
Top Bottom