Question when to begin veg LED light

HeyWilbur

Greetings all,

New first time grower here. I have two White Widow that are about 2 weeks old and currently sitting under a 125w CFL. As you can see in my journal below in my signature these guys are a bit stunted and are just starting to push out their second set of leaves. My question is this: When should I feel comfortable removing the CFL and turning on the Veg settings of my Viparspectra V450? I've read that the intense lighting should come after the 2nd or third set of true leaves - the way these guys are growing (not!) that could be another 2 weeks! Am I risking harm if I set the LED at 24" and turn it on, lowering it gradually to find the "happy place" that my plants like, or is it still too early to hit them with it?

Thanks everyone,

Wilbur

Should be no problem I have LED only.

Just don't start to close and look how they stretch to adjust the light.
I start @ 15-20" for seeds and get it closer if they stretch over 2"

Thanks Darkgrow. I switched to the LED yesterday and they certainly don't seem to mind it. Had it around 22" above the plants yesterday and today I lowered it to 18" or so. Also just hit them with their first dose of CalMag (1/2 recommended dose) and Big Bloom (1/3 recommended dose). Hopefully this will wake them up!

Back
Top Bottom