LED bulb vs LED grow light vs CFL vs blurple

Are those the standard base (medium base) household bulbs? The original poster seems to be trying to work on a budget by using the lower priced bulbs that can be bought in any hardware and most supermarkets.
Saying that...i only put the 4 23w's in for flowering..i wouldnt use them for vegging

Problem is that you have to spend money. There is no way out of it unless you are going to grow outside the entire time from sprouting the seed to the finish when you harvest.

A little bit of research is necessary as @Chris Scorpio is saying. If you do not want to use a web search engine from your house for some reason then go to the local public library.

Modern household bulbs are designed for economy. They do this by using the least amount of electricity possible and still provide a light that humans find acceptable. The light is a rather narrow band because it costs money to design and build a light that provides a larger spectrum. A 100 watt LED bulb draws a whopping 9 watts of power but is equivalent to a 100 incandescent bulb which uses 100 watts.

You ask about CFL household bulbs. A bonus is that the household CFL does have a bit of a wider spectrum but that was not a deliberate design from all the reading I have done on this since these bulbs started to hit the market back in the 1970s. This was just one line in one link after doing a basic web search:

You ask about T5 lighting. Great lights built on the 90 year old flourescent fixture design. They have now designed T5s for use in a house such as the light over a sink or to be used for growing. Two different uses but the same basic design of fixture. Different T5 florescent bulbs because of two very different final uses. Bonus on the T5 is that there are specialized fixtures that can now use either the florescent bulb or the tubes filled with LEDs. Just have to check that the fixture will do that before purchasing.

Yes, there is. I just verified that everything I mentioned, and even more info, can be found by doing a google search. For starters here are a couple suggestions for search words.

100 watt cfl how many watts
cfl vs led
you really don't, for example, HID are really cheap and provide grate results, you don't need some overpriced grow light... u can get pretty decent ones at less than 170 euro, and no, that does not include mars hydro.

Idk how good a 5w led bulb is honestly, I feel CFLs have better spread, ie not directional.
This is about house light bulbs right?
yeah, i mean i got some pretty powerful ones, 35w from wall, and i can use cold and warm ones, but if it's not Worth it i won't do it, i just wanted to try something new

you really don't, for example, HID are really cheap and provide grate results, you don't need some overpriced grow light... u can get pretty decent ones at less than 170 euro, and no, that does not include mars hydro.
You will still have to spend money and the msg said you did not want to spend money. No matter how cheap a light is there is a cost. If you want to get by with a couple more CFL bulbs the cost might be minimal but there still is a cost.

A point I really believe in is that it is cheaper in the long run to buy the better equipment up front rather than nickel and dime ourselves trying to buy the least expensive item that might or might not do a good job. When we buy inexpensive bulbs in an attempt to avoid spending money on a LED fixture we can often end up spending just as much on on the smaller bulbs by the time we are done. I have been there and done it.

And, yes, we can get by with smaller, household CFL bulbs. A lot of people have but they are willing to put up with the limitations.

yeah, i mean i got some pretty powerful ones, 35w from wall, and i can use cold and warm ones, but if it's not Worth it i won't do it, i just wanted to try something new

35 watts is not powerful... And if you want to try something new, invest in some Quantum boards. Quality lights equals quality flowers...

Back
Top Bottom