Sexing Seeds

Says to use jewelers scope or pocket microscope...doesn't have to be a perfect circle, but not oval.

He says in youtube comments that:
"the main feature that is important is that the tip top of that volcano be very pronounced. The male seeds are not elevated. But you really have to use some form of magnification."

Clarification, from the video comments a person asked:

"I dont get it when you harvest seeds every single seed has the volcano shape on it if this is the case i have thousands of female seeds"

Response:

"I should add in that you will need magnification to do this. The shape is the same but the outer circle or the rim of the volcano is raised slightly on the female and flat on the male seed. You will see the difference."

Very interesting, I need to check out mine. It would be so much easier if it really works!

Males do generally grow lanky true. But I just started flowering some dj shorts blueberry and the plant I was sure was a female turns out to be a a really strong male. And the one I thought was a male turns out to be a really weak female. I will definitely be keeping the male for breeding.

Back
Top Bottom