Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BlazinThat

Thread: Hempy Bucket with Soil/Perlite?

420 Member

Hempy Bucket with Soil/Perlite?

I was wondering if this is possible guys.. I want to do a hempy bucket grow with possibly 75% soil and 25% perlite. I was thinking of having a fair bit of perlite at the bottom of the bucket where the reservoir would be in a 50/50 ratio to soil. And the rest being mainly soil with a smaller amount of perlite. I would be using buffertabs a long with an organic fertilizer for later flowering stages.

Could this work and gain reap the benefits of a traditional hempy bucket setup?

wandering aimlessly- probably looking for my glasses!

Re: Hempy Bucket with Soil/Perlite?

Hempy Buckets are a method of DWC-- Hydro-- meaning NO SOIL! You can NOT mix the two- as the type of roots the plants grow when in hydro are totally different than the roots they grow in soil-- so putting soil an a hydro system basically drowns the plant.
    Just use lava-rock, pea gravel (well washed!) chunky pearlite, hydrotons etc... but no soil, peat etc... plugs up they sytem, throws of all the micro-organisms and drowns the roots!

Have fun!
    If something is not worth Dying for-- then it is NOT worth Living for!
    "Lady Zandra" is a Fictional character and All information and advice given by LZ is for educational purposes only.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zandra
    Hempy Buckets are a method of DWC-- Hydro-- meaning NO SOIL! You can NOT mix the two- as the type of roots the plants grow when in hydro are totally different than the roots they grow in soil-- so putting soil an a hydro system basically drowns the plant.
    Just use lava-rock, pea gravel (well washed!) chunky pearlite, hydrotons etc... but no soil, peat etc... plugs up they sytem, throws of all the micro-organisms and drowns the roots!

Have fun!
    Actually you could use soil, you would have to fill the bottom 2 or 3 inches with hydroton balls or whatever. And prob 2 parts soil to 2 part perlite. I've asked before.
    RIP BID.
    My current PlatinumLed P450 Hi-Brix fun thread.
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...ml#post2297388

420 Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinThat View Post
    Actually you could use soil, you would have to fill the bottom 2 or 3 inches with hydroton balls or whatever. And prob 2 parts soil to 2 part perlite. I've asked before.
    I'll have to try that. I'm gonna do a little experiment growing a strain in a hempy bucket with soil as you recommended above alongside a normal soil grow with the same strain in the same conditions and see what happens. Grow tent and LEDs are in the post so I'll make a journal once everything's in action if anyone is interested..

Thanks for the information dudes/dudettes!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HighGrade159

I'll have to try that. I'm gonna do a little experiment growing a strain in a hempy bucket with soil as you recommended above alongside a normal soil grow with the same strain in the same conditions and see what happens. Grow tent and LEDs are in the post so I'll make a journal once everything's in action if anyone is interested..

Thanks for the information dudes/dudettes!
    My hypothesis is the original hempy will be better, more area for roots to spread but either way I want to see. I opted for perlite and vermiculite because its cheaper.
    RIP BID.

420 Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinThat View Post
    My hypothesis is the original hempy will be better, more area for roots to spread but either way I want to see. I opted for perlite and vermiculite because its cheaper.
    The reason why I'm not doing the original hempy is that I have just bought a 4 stage organic soil nutes and don't really want to fork out for some hydro nutes. If I can get better growth in this modified hempy bucket in comparison to a standard pot then I'm a winner no? :D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HighGrade159

The reason why I'm not doing the original hempy is that I have just bought a 4 stage organic soil nutes and don't really want to fork out for some hydro nutes. If I can get better growth in this modified hempy bucket in comparison to a standard pot then I'm a winner no? :D
    True that, grow on.
    RIP BID.