slightly droopy leaves, is it roots getting too big or something else?

MoreMentalMc

First time posting on here so please go easy haha.

First grow, I have two plants (one is silver bubble the other is either shoreline or kandie kush under a 125 watt light. They are just under 2 weeks into flower. I maybe stupidly removed a whole lot of fan leaves as the lower bits weren't getting enough light but this didn't really seem to effect them too bad.

The silver bubble is looking good and growing nicely but the other one has started drooping it's leaves a bit, I'm worried the roots are getting too big and I need to re-pot. If it's not this I'm not sure what it could be :(

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated!!

DSC_03065.JPG
DSC_03056.JPG
DSC_03065.JPG
Figured it out, woooo.

Plenty of dirt for a lil plant like that I my opinion, a side view may be helpful. Pic 1 and 3 appear to be a lil too green and the leaves appear to be folding? Hard to tell from overhead view. The first thing I'd recommend is verify your soil pH is between 6.0 and 7.0. Then I'd feed only water for a feeding or two, you cut all shade leaves off! That's like cutting all the muscles off your body, there's no storage for nutes and a lot less green to photosynthisise

Thanks very much for the info!! Sounds like I've got at least a couple things wrong then. Pics 1 and 3 are the same pic that I posted twice by accident. I will get some better pics later on and post em. Might be a stupid question but is the lack of fan leaves gonna have a big impact on yield? Thanks again :)

Trimming fan leaves selectively can greatly increase yield, but I think you may have over trimmed. The rule I follows is if a leaf is shading a cola I take it out, I prune all the popcorn fluff of the bottom of the plant a week before start of flower, take a couple leaves out of the center of the canopy to allow light to center of plant then once flower is started only trim leaves that are shading. Good luck

Thanks very much, I will check the ph, only feed water and see if they get better. Another question if you can help, I've got a 125w envirolite which I believe is mainly blue, should I look at getting a red one for the rest of the flower or will the blue be sufficient? Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom