Tent Setup for LED Light & CO2

redbullgrow

Ive been doing some poking around the web trying to figure out how to setup my tent to incorporate some CO2 augmentation and wanted to see what your collective thoughts are on the matter. Currently the tent is not setup as a sealed tent. I have the room exhausting air out through a carbon filter, while having a small intake fan to help relieve the vacuum / negative pressure created on the tent walls. With this setup I roughly have about 300-600ppm co2 on a constant basis and temps were hovering between the 70 - 85 range depending on the weather. Now I take it the higher amount of CO2 is during the dark cycle when the plant is not consuming, and the lower amount is later in the day before lights out.

Im just wondering if there is a simple solution to add a CO2 tank. My guess is nothing is simple and id have to go the route of replacing the current DeHu with an AC unit to both cool and regulate RH in the tent, add the CO2 tank / lines on a regulator, set the exhaust fan on a timer to purge the room every so often instead of the constant pull as its setup now and remove the intake fan all together. Does this sound about right? Is something like this even worth the effort or am I splitting hairs and just adding to my overall cost per cycle with no real addition to yield? I tallied up the cost for this run and it was roughly $800 in electricity / IPM / SWF feeding supplies (not including the initial cost of building soil or any of the other hardware materials which were recycled or bought new knowing they will be reused for further runs) to pull just north of 1 unit. Some of you might call it aggressive but my goal is to get close to 2+ units per cycle out of this 4x4 tent and my initial thoughts are CO2 will help with this.

:Namaste:
-RBG

I am very interested in this as well.

I made a 3.5x7 (don't ask LOL) Panda tent with a PS1K LED and have a 4x4 with a 600 watt for flower and since the panda tent is pretty much sealed already and I only have 6 in intake I can run A/C or air from the environment ducted out through a 6in Carbon filter/Vortex fan atm. I was thinking of doing like you are talking about and purge for 10 or 15 once or twice a hr and dumping that purge into my other tent which I could set to purge to outside through filter after utilizing whatever ppm level is getting purged out of my Panda tent.

I was thinking I could put a back draft damp and timer on my intake so the room would be still sealed fairly well and with my ventilation I can purge/move a lot of air if needed to but I normally don't really need to have the intake fan running or A/C with the LED I just have a couple fans moving the air inside around and environment stays pretty stable.

Like you I have been sucked into this spinning vortex of money spendery and just not sure if it is worth doing so hopefully someone will chime in.

I have thought about even just doing some of that DiY Sugar/Yeast since it would be super cheap to try just to see if there was anything to be learned.

It would be great to hear some first hand feedback. I'm in about the exact situation as redbullgrow. Have spent a lot of money shooting for the very best product and yield. Adding CO2 is a significant expense as well as another thing to check, maintain, spend money on, ext..

Back
Top Bottom