OG Kush - DWC/Aeroponic

DanknToken

Greetings
420 Newb here. I have grown just shy of double digits now. I'm on my way to semi knowing what I'm doing... definitely not there yet.

I want to post this to keep track myself, and to allow others to criti-build my experience. I have limited space, and money so most of my grow is on a budget although I have splurged on a few items.

So, here goes.

OG Kush and whatever else is in the strain that the seed bank didn't tell me about.

I have two 27 Gal Tote's, they work very well. I cut a hole about a foot in length and six inches in width on the bottom of the top tote, with a matching hole in the lid of the bottom tote.

I have a pond pump in the bottom rez, that is connected to a 1/2" pvc tube in the top rez with misters drilled in the top of the pvc tubing.

I have a aquarium air pump at the moment. Will be upgrading to a nicer one at some point.

I've used three different Nutes so far. Here's the history:

General Hydro: did ok. Wasn't real impressed. Little pricy
Fox Farm: was good. Liked the results - may go back
Current:Earth Juice Elements: TBD

I'll be changing the rez every 10 days unless there is an issue and I'll change it sooner.

Process to change rez:
Fill standby Tote with 15 - 20 Gal, put bubblers in the bottom and let it sit overnight. - Gets rid of chlorine, and brings temp of water to room temp.
Next move plants and put in nutes.

PH
I start the PH at 5.4 and let it rise to 6.2 before adding more PH down.

Lighting:
I have a HPS ballast, I went cheap and just got a garage ballast off of craigslist and wired up an enclosed gasket sealed fixture. I run 1000W with a inline fan to cool the lights. ( have two one for the other grow area. )
These are connected to an Ipower filter the cleans the room air. ( hoping to move this to a completely independent air source, as I can't managed the humidity or CO2 very well like this )

So.

Right now I have 5 girls starting. I've attached the pics and a few of my setup.

Grow Element: .25tsp p/Gal
Bloom Element: .25tsp p/Gal
Micro Element: .25tsp p/Gal
CalNMag Element: .25tsp p/Gal

I ran out of Hydroguard, will be replacing it with Hygrozime.

If I have forgotten anything please ask.

20150126_081144.jpg
20150126_081126.jpg
20150126_081116.jpg

Welcome to 420 magazine!

Looks real good so far bud!! Keep it up you r on the right track for a nice heavy yield

There are a number of renowned growers in this magazine that will do wanders for your grow! Just keep a regular tab on your grows with pictures and information and people will flock to your journal to take a look and lend a little advice.

Your doing something right Token! Look forward to watching you do your thing!

Morning everyone!
It's been a full week since my last post. I've started another rez sitting with bubblers to get rid of the chlorine. I'll take pictures this afternoon and post to show the progress. I'm pretty pleased with the results.

I'm gonna follow I haven't done a aero in a long time almost 5 years. I'm gonna watch this through and then I may do one again.
Welcome to 420 as well man

Sorry it has taken so long to post this weeks entry. Work has been killer.

So, week two of the grow.Very pleased so far.

This weeks Rez has been treated with these nute settings ( measurements are in tsp. per gallon)
Grow - .75
Bloom - .5
Micro - 2
CalnMag - 1.75

Hygrozyme - 8ml per gallon
PH 5.6
TDM 860
See the pics below
20150204_115045.jpg

20150204_115032.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Sorry for the sparse posting as of late. I've been crazy busy. So, here are the latest pics. At week 6 all is well, even after running out of ph down for an entire week. These plants are nice and hardy, looking excellent. I've started flowering and will be lolly popping the plants in the next couple of days. Look forward to your feedback!

20150305_000928.jpg

20150305_000911.jpg

Here's the update after the first full flowering week. I've started them on flowering stage nutes. I'll update tomorrow with the levels of each nutes.
Here's the latest pictures.
20150310_232316.jpg

20150310_232303.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom