2016 First outdoor grow - First grow ever

SpiritFalcon

Greetings,
I am a new grower in Norcal, and am close to my first harvest. Fairly small grow of 12 plants all started from clones. 2 x Sour Cookies, 3 x Gorilla Glue#4 and 5 x Green Crack. 100 gallon pots using VermiFire as a grow medium. All genetics from reputable sources. GH Nutrient Flora series three part. Now during bloom using Floralicious Plus, FloraNectar Fruit N Fusion, KoolBloom, Flora Micro. All my information is from three different source of growers. All have (as you probably know) different techniques. Lot's to comprehend and put into a plan to be successful.

So here is my question.

How do you know when to start you final flushing? Do you start when the tricomes are 50% Milky/Amber or do you start before they turn? If you start to early can you start giving them nutrients again until they turn?

Cheers,
SpiritFalcon

Hi SpiritFalcon,

I'm a new grower in Norcal as well and starting posting similar questions a few weeks ago. You may want to check-out this thread as many forum members provided great info. through-out. First time grower - Outdoor - Harvest status opinions please

My understanding is it's good to try to time your last nut feeding at least a week but preferably two weeks before you anticipate harvesting. Yes, if you're way off you can always feed but then you want to try to leave that window to get enough of a flush in.

Some of the target harvesting date depends on what you're after. I assume you know the percentage of Clear, Cloudy & Amber will relate to how cerebral vs stoney body feel you get. I just don't really know yet how fast they turn but depending upon the genetic you are growing, can tell how close you're getting by how swollen the flowers are and how red/brown the pistols are looking and of course, smell.

Hopefully my thread I linked helps you find some other answers and other members chime in. Exciting times. I planted three types, Vanilla Kush, Laughing Buddha and Acapulco Gold. They will all be ready at different times but looks like I'll be harvesting the first of my Vanilla Kush plants this Sunday or Monday and the remainder of that breed a week later most likely.

PS: Would love to see pics of your grow. I used 25 gallon pots and mine are pretty big; can only imagine yours in 100 gal pots :thumb:

Peace,

Zafu

IMG_173727.JPG
IMG_174729.jpg
IMG_175419.JPG

Back
Top Bottom