First time auto grow

AutoWW

She is feminized white widow auto 26 days old 13 inches tall. I trimmed 10 large fan leaves off her main stalk (nodes 2-6) to divert growth to top. Have only seen like three pistils on main stalk so far. Wanted advice on how it sounds she is doing and when I should expect buds to start forming. She is soil grown and dyno-gro foliage pro nutes. She is drinking a gallon of water every 3 days.

image30065.jpg

Removed 10 fan leaves 1st time nodes 2-6 off main stalk...2nd time I thought the upper canopy was too thick and ended up removing another 38 fan leaves, now all leaves of the plant are receiving adequate light.

Is it bad that I'm cutting off the big fan leaves? I figure in nature they serve more of a purpose than a controlled indoor grow and takes nutes to maintain when I rather energy go to buds.

Leaves are the food repositories. If you look them under a 120x microscope you'll see a layer of crystals. I never remove leaves until they die completely. You plant seems healthy just let it grow.

What I have come to understand about auto flowerers is, start them in the pot they will finish in. It is not a good idea to top or prune them as they have such a short life span,you do not want to stun them and stop the growth. Keep them on a 18/12 cycle. I always grow mine outdoors. About feeding, some say don't feed for the first 6 weeks and others say after 2 weeks. Which ever you choose be careful not to over feed. I would wait until you can see signs of flowering befor giving bloom.
Hope this helps a little.

I'm glad to find another rookie at the same stage as I am. My pants look similar to urz. I'm growing in an Aerogarden and have been trimming the big leaves. I'm on week 8 of the grow and have just switched to 15.5 hours of light per day. I'm hoping to see some buds start popping soon. When do u expect to see budz?

Back
Top Bottom