Frustrated

bobbybravehea

My ignorance is kicking in! Many years ago I had 2 very small grows in a dark, dank, musty farmhouse cellar. No problems with insects, mold or growth but i did dry the crops out in a camper that was not being used. People loved it!
I'm trying my hand at this again but am starting to struggle with thripes, which I hope I have eliminated today. I'm just about in the 3rd week of flowering and do not want to spray again. 1st question: if I do have to spray again, what should I use or should I just do nothing until harvest (5-6 weeks)?
I may be having a ph problem but am not sure. I cannot swing a ph pen at this moment and I'm not sure the vial type kits are working. Any suggestions for an economical tester that is dependable? I am on a limited income, sad to say, due to disability.
I believe I was in the veg state too long, made so many errors before finding 420 accidentally. May be root bound, started in Mir. Grow...my bad, so I'm afraid to over fert now. Using a diluted 15-30-15 mix, every 2-3 waterings. Going organic if my clones make it with DR.-Earth soil and nutes, oops, getting ahead of myself.
Looked the chart that was posted about 8 yrs ago, cannot get the post without losing this but a great pictorial, my apology to the author.
Some leaves folding, some dying. Not sure if there is a deficiency, ph problem, some of the spots=thripe damage?
I'll post some pics, just getting the hang of this, (technically deprived) to see if I can get any input. Thanks to all that may offer wisdom and suggestions!
sick29.jpg
sick34.jpg
sick18.jpg

You can get them from your shoes.... animals like cats etc... basement you said so they can even just find their way in....

a cheap PH meter isnt much more than 15 dollars on the large online retailer....
PH is very key to growing....

Something like green cleaner .. kinda pricey.. can be sprayed in flower pretty close up to harvest I believe...

Good luck ;)

:peace:

FE

The first picture you have up looks a lot like mites. I started out with brand new everything... Fans, filters, tent, etc... And still got mites. They come from anywhere. I'm glad i got them early this time. I used free samples from one of the sponsors here ,SNS, and it kicked their asses.
The ph pen i have was fairly inexpensive and its been dead accurate for 2 years now. Its the ohaus st10 and when i got it online it was $25. May be a little more now. It can't be calibrated but as i said its been spot on according to my calibration solution. For a few $ more you can get the st20 with calibration. Its the cheapest pen ive found that is well built and accurate.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks to all that responded to my query. I thought that maybe I did not post right as I received no notices that anyone responded until the last post from Far East Buds! I appreciate the input, will be researching the meters mentioned by Lazarus13, thanks! I have a single probe meter but do not trust it, anyway, coming up to date: sprayed with neem oil, thought everything was good, not. Sprayed again but with Captain Jack's. Cannot seem to get under and over all the leaves so I've done the best I could. No webs so maybe at least under control? Maybe 2 more weeks of flowering so I'm at a loss but will look up green cleaner. Any feedback on Mighty Wash?I've started some clones, sprayed them and they are in a different part of the house and doing well, repotted since this pic. My plan is to harvest what I have come due time, fumigate the room I grow in, and start over with the clones. Will narrow it down to 2 plants, maybe 3 and focus on bigger buds. This has been a heck of a learning experience, who says ya can't teach an old dog new tricks? lol!
Anyway, sorry I did not get all your feedback when originally posted but will put it to good use now and for the next grow. Thanks again all.
bud_120.jpg
bud_219.jpg
clones_8.jpg
buds_34.jpg

Things do look much better.... Green clean is good stuff because it can be used very close to harvest.. Too much neem some say they can taste it in the final product. Same with azatrol but that stuff kills em good.... I have used mighty wash with great results but i stopped using it because it was blacklisted in some states due to not listing the ingredients. so til they get that corrected I switched away from it... GC and Azatrol are my regulars right now...

:peace:

FE

I too just discovered damn mites on one of my plants. Shitheads. I hit them with neem until my sns got here, did 4 treatments(2 of each) 5 or 6 days apart. Again at 4 days and they are still kicking. I am too in to flower to do it anymore so i am just trying to keep them at bay til harvest and keep them off the other plant with prventative treatments. Just wanted the op to know this shit happens and not much you can do about it. I took precautions, changing clothes, washing hands and sterilizing equipment. It happens. Its frustrating but you take it in stride.
Sorry, this damn white widow makes me ramble. Lol

Thank you, Far East Buds and Lazarus 13! Your support is greatly appreciated! I am done spraying, letting nature take its course. I will be ready for the next grow though. You gave me products that I will have in advance, just in case, lol! I have actually thought of bringing them outside since I'm in PA, to see if the cold, at least for a few hours, would kill them. Problem is that I cannot carry them down from the 3rd flr due to nerve damage affecting my left arm. Here's a pic of the clones today that I'll restart with after the clean up. No creepy crawlers on these girls!
Anyway, thanks again

Blessings
20161008_085057.jpg

Back
Top Bottom