To rinse perlite or not to rinse perlite?

HappyGrass

I'm getting a few girls going in a FFOF x Perlite mix and I'd like to know if anyone rinses out their perlite before mixing the two together?

Re: To rinse perlite or not to rinse perlite..?

I use coco x perlite and do rinse the perlite before mixing. I buy those 5 gallon paint straining bags at lowes, put the perlite in it and run the water hose over it. I can't say if it makes any difference in the grow, but it does cut down on the mess a bit.

I use coco x perlite and do rinse the perlite before mixing. I buy those 5 gallon paint straining bags at lowes, put the perlite in it and run the water hose over it. I can't say if it makes any difference in the grow, but it does cut down on the mess a bit.

Appreciate the info sir... And double thanks on the paint strainer bag tip, I'm definitely going to check that out. Usually buy a big smart pot and get to rinsing. This seems worth a shot tho :Namaste:

I tried a smart pot at first, too. The paint filter bags allow the water to flow through more quickly. I like them and also use them to wash out used coco coir.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom