250w + 400w [bloom] What Do You Think?

Voltrom

Just would like a second opinion, I have a 400watt mh bulb(6500k) and a 250w mh (7000k)

Below I have both of their spectral graphs. From what I under stand the combination of these two lights should not only give me optimum light distribution but also full spectrum. A hefty amount for two GDP Clones I'm working on.

Here's the 250w spec. It's a really nice blue.

Here's the 400w spec, it's really bright. Sadly it's 36k lumens.

Basically I want your guys opinion. Should I even throw a hps in the mix? I'd prefer not to spend the unnecessarily money but my old 400w hps is just really used and I don't think that's efficient.

This is good enough spectrum right? It's 650w total on two plants and I expect medical grade. I am aware that dual spectrum is how you get the real resin /bomb nugs. Right now I'm vegging with this 250w plantmax 7000k.

I don't think I need an hps build given these two in combination. Do you?

What is more important is your flowering light, or red spectrum (warm) bulb. You can vegetate one or two plants plant with 80 watts in the blue spectrum. The red spectrum, when you are flowering will need to have enough wattage to penetrate the canopy that your plant will create. The setup I see you have there though will be okay if it's just two plants at 250 watts, though it would be more ideal if you had more reflectivity around the plants.

I don't know if you know this, but it is extremely important during flowering stage, that there is no light leakage during the plants dark time. Are you setup for that?

Back
Top Bottom