A Fellow Gatherite Inspired This REPRINT Of An Idea Who's Time Has Come

In another article one of my readers left a comment which led to my recalling and once again calling for action. Our Federal Budget is bloated by many agencies and committees that many consider wasteful spending, even unconstitutional intrusions by the Federal Government. One agency I do not believe is expendable is the United States Postal Service. One of my readers made the comment that employees of USPS are in line to lose their healthcare due to budgetary constraints.

I have been advocating for a particular stamp to be available for sale.

Perhaps it is time to finally implement this notion and garner the incredible revenue which this will generate? This may relieve the financial burden being placed upon federal workers losing their healthcare?

I believe this particular stamp would be purchased in massive quantities by the many supporters of deregulation and legalization of Marijuana. It may even prompt people to begin writing letters once more simply to proudly use such a stamp? You may even find yourself sending out First Pot POW Greeting Cards as your first use of this new stamp.

This action could be implemented if enough people wrote in to the USPS requesting the issuing of this new stamp.

Since 1775, the U.S. Postal Service has connected friends, families, neighbors and businesses by mail. An independent federal agency, the Postal Service makes deliveries to more than 141 million addresses every day and is the only service provider to deliver to every address in the nation. The Postal Service receives no taxpayer dollars for routine operations, but derives its operating revenues solely from the sale of postage, products and services. With annual revenues of more than $68 billion, it is the world's leading provider of mail and delivery services, offering some of the most affordable postage rates in the world. Moreover, today's postage rates will remain stable until at least 2006. The U.S. Postal Service delivers more than 46 percent of the world's mail volume - some 202 billion letters, advertisements, periodicals and packages a year - and serves seven million customers each day at its 38,000 retail locations nationwide.
USPS - Latest News Releases

WoW ~ while researching the idea of nominating this stamp for distribution, I came across a unique alternative answer which will further this idea without the need for governmental bureaucracy encumbering this action.

Customized Postage Software ~ This is a Customized Postage software package containing the PhotoStamps® PC/Mac-compatible software plus a gift card valid for 20 Free 1 oz. First-Class Mail® PhotoStamps. $19.95
The Postal Store - Custom Postage - Your Image

Turn your photos into real postage! Life is filled with wonderful moments. Now you can capture them all on real U.S. postage. Show off your family. Highlight a special event. Introduce a new arrival. Or give your pets the exposure they deserve. Whatever the moment, now you can share it... with Customized Postage using PhotoStamps.

Put your money to work on issues you care passionately about.

I here people shouting all the time, OVERGROW THE GOVERNMENT and, recently the clarion call from California is TAX ME, PLEASE!

Imagine putting this small plan of expressing yourself to more than 141 million addresses every day with the reminder of Samuel R Caldwell ~ Prisoner # 18699

Shortly after the U.S. Congress passed the Marijuana Tax Stamp Act On October 2nd, 1937 the F.B.I. and Denver City police arrested Samuel R. Caldwell an unemployed labourer. Caldwel's arrest made him the first marijuana seller convicted under U.S. federal law because he didn't pay his weed taxes.

Judge Foster Symes sentenced Caldwell to four years of hard labour in Leavenworth Penitentiary, plus a $1,000 fine for the two marijuana joints that the police recovered.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Gather
Author: Richard Owl Mirror
Copyright: 2009 Gather Inc.
Website: A Fellow Gatherite Inspired This REPRINT Of An Idea Who's Time Has Come

Back
Top Bottom