A few questions about a saliva test

BroMagnon

Hello everyone,

Here is my situation. I last smoked early Thursday morning around 3:00AM. Just one hit off a bowl and that's all. Had an interview later that day and left feeling pretty good about how I did. Got a call yesterday, Friday, with an offer which I accepted. Then the guy said that they were going to swab me on Tuesday when I come in to do all the pre-hire paperwork. I've never had to deal with the saliva test before, only UA which I've always just stayed clean for a while and passed legitimately. I will for sure be abstaining until my test.

Do I have anything to worry about? Popular opinion seems to say that you're in the clear after 48 hours, and I brush/floss/mouthwash pretty regularly even when I'm not trying to beat a drug test so that's going to happen regardless. There will be about 140 hours between my last smoke and my test. If the testimonies I've read are accurate, I shouldn't be worried.

Just wanting to know if anyone out there has failed one after 5ish days passed from their last smoke. I am not a real heavy smoker, definitely not every day but a couple times a week or so to just chill out. I really need this job and would hate to lose this opportunity. Thanks for any input or advice!

You're generally clean after 48 hours for a swab test because it only detects recent use. But still be sure to brush the whole inside of your mouth and gargle with mouth wash or some vodka first. Then I would brush and gargle once more before you enter the doctors office.

You're generally clean after 48 hours for a swab test because it only detects recent use. But still be sure to brush the whole inside of your mouth and gargle with mouth wash or some vodka first. Then I would brush and gargle once more before you enter the doctors office.

It sounds to me like I'm not going to a doctor, that they have some kind of in house device to test me with. Still could be sent to a lab, but from what the guy said the test will be conducted at the office. I'm reassured that it only tracks recent use. They probably just want to check to make sure they didn't give me a job offer and I go out and have a celebratory party weekend or some such.

I think that you should be in the clear, but we do offer a product for mouth swabs called the Oral Clear.

as a sponsor, we offer 420Magazine members a 15% discount on all purchases. Simply use coupon code 420MAG during checkout.

I passed! Got the job and start Friday morning.

Was just freaking out a little because I'd done two interviews and been given pre-hire paperwork before they dropped the whole drug testing thing on me. Heart stopped for a moment but after researching the saliva test I felt better about it. I would have been completely boned if it was UA. Brushed and mouthwashed slightly more than normal in the past five days, and once more at a convenience store around the corner before going in to take the test. Thankfully Monday was a holiday and that bought me an extra day, but I think that even if it wasn't I would have been good. Still would have been more than 100 hours since my last smoke. Glad to be employed again, this place is actually paying me the most money I've made in my life with really good benefits so you all can probably understand why I was nervous about the drug test. Great opportunity for me and didn't want to miss out on it.

Back
Top Bottom