Ahh a mandatory annual gas safety check

DrTentgrow

Hello i just got a letter saying...

"we have been instructed by your landlord to carry out the mandatory annual gas safety check / service of heating appliances and pipe work at your home"

my problem is that my grow tent is in the room with the boiler in does anyone know if they will be wanting to check that? the gas meter and fireplace aren't in the room.

Gas unfortunately but Ive figured out a way of blagging it the cupboard where there boiler is in is on the immediate left as you walk in the room with my tent in it with the rooms door open and the cupboard door open he can get access to the boiler without seeing in the room I'll just tell him its a bit of a mess in the room and turn the noisy fans off just before he gets round. its gonna be very risky! but im not prepared to get rid of my plants to much time and effort has gone in to them and i will risk anything to keep them.

DSC000873.JPG

That was the quickest reply ever! I'll let you know how i get on also i have a mate who lives across from me in the same kind of flat with the same housing association so he will have the same thing happen to him he's not growing but if they go round his first i can ask exactly what they did and where they went.

Don't know where you are at but I apparently had an issue and the gas company came out to my place. What they essentially did was a line & meter test on the exterior of the house. They are required here to enter your home, turn on all gas appliances & ensure everything is operating okay. There was no wiggle room on this issue. They need access to the pilot light (or electronic ignition) of your water heater. They are essentially just looking to see if it works. They will not follow your gas lines throughout the house; it is not invasive like that.

What I did was remove all my ducting & power down everything except my scrubber. Closed all doors & ran a radio in the room to cover any noise. I have a gas dryer as well. I ran a fabric softener in there for about 10 minutes before he came inside. Nice pleasant odor throughout the area. Just conceal to the best of your ability & you should be fine. Just in case, stand between him & the room such that he never has the opportunity to accidentally open the door (or lock it). He is not there to perform a house search for illegal activity, but then again, I don't know where you live or what's it's like.

Hope this gives you some reference. Best.

I don't normally feel the need to swear on this site but THANK FUCK FOR THAT!!!! the gas inspector man just came round and every thing went pretty smoothly he did need to get to the boiler cupboard in the room with the tent but the thing with the doors worked i also turned my extractor fan right low so it was nearly silent i turned off my intake fan the plants wont mind to much because they are in the dark cycle during the day. i also covered the ducting that he could see if he was to look through the gap in the door where the hinges are just to be on the safe side.

Hey drtentgrow.... i just shit myself reading your thread..... glad it all worked out for you mate, it must have caused a bit of anxiety.... it did for me just reading about it lol.

Back
Top Bottom