Al Franken And Rand Paul Join Forces To Protect Medical Marijuana From Jeff Sessions

Ron Strider

Contrary to what you might think, Jefferson Beauregard "Jeff Sessions" Sessions did not appear one day out of thin air when a melancholy racist wished upon a star for a glimpse of what the world would have looked like had the south won the Civil War. However, he is now our Attorney General, because the Trump Administration has all but changed the country's motto from "In God We Trust" to "LIGHT SHIT ON FIREEEEEEEEEE." Sessions is a proponent of criminal justice policies that are racist, ineffective, and basically penalize black people for being the victims of institutional racism. He also hates marijuana so much that he once joked that he was okay with the KKK until he learned they smoked pot. That's right, Jeff Sessions hates pot more than he hates the idea of blatant racism and terror! And now that he's AG, he's dead set on going getting rid of rules that keep the DOJ from enforcing federal drug laws in the case of states that allow medical marijuana. What a fun guy!

But in a strange twist for 2017, there's actually bipartisan resistance to this stupid plan. According to Rare, Senators Al Franken and Rand Paul, among others from both sides of the aisle, have come together to craft a bill that would guard against Sessions' misguided weed-hating absurdity.

Thankfully, Republican Senators Rand Paul, Mike Lee and Lisa Murkowski are teaming up with Democrats Al Franken, Cory Booker and Kirsten Gillibrand to support a bill that would protect states that allow medical marijuana from any federal interference. This legislation would also remove current obstacles to medical marijuana research.

There is a House version that also has bipartisan support. The lawmakers are expected to introduce this bill on Thursday.

This is actually pretty great to see, and a nice reminder that there is a lot of common ground that these two sides can find from time to time. It's also great, because I live in California and have a prescription for weed thanks to chronic migraines and now when I smoke I can enjoy it twice as much. First, the normal amount because weed is amazing. And then double that, because I'll know that I'm making Jeff Sessions mad, and that makes me happy.

Franken_Rand_Weed.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Al Franken and Rand Paul Join Forces to Protect Medical Marijuana from Jeff Sessions | GQ
Author: Jack Moore
Photo Credit: None Found
Website: GQ Magazine: Men'''s Fashion and Style News: GQ.com | GQ

Back
Top Bottom