Assembly Committee OKs Recreational Marijuana

My dear friend up the hill, I know my garden is already regulated, and I'm hating every minute of it! I want, no, I need to be free to discover which plants work the best for my medical conditions, and six plants per grow does not help me develop and dial in the properties that help me the most. If I want to seriously get into breeding cannabis plants to create my own strains, the constraints of 6 mature or 12 immature plants make the whole process very slow and cumbersome, and the 8oz "legal" limit (though my dr recommends 6lbs) totally unrealistic (since my 6 plants yield a bit more than a pound each). Being an organic outdoor grower with ONE harvest per year makes it almost impossible to try without compromising the crop. And lastly, to do what I want to do with my grows would be an automatic trip to jail without passing GO and collecting that $200 if I went ahead and did what I want to do here with the grey area so vast and the "regulators" so ignorant. More regulation than we have now?

NO!!! A thousand times NO. Free the weed. It's the only right thing to do. :peace:

Hey sister , I feel your "growin pains". Unfortunately, Prop 215, although a good start to begin to dismantle the Government's forced and medieval laws governing the weed, was so quickly drawn up it did not address those who seek to experiment, discover and customize the medicine for one's personal needs.

But then, how could the designers of the Prop215 know of the endless possibilities and capabilitites of the medicine in 1997? It and we have come so far, elevated to a medical extent few dreamed of back then.

You raise a very vaild point, my good friend. To grow is to grow, but to go further out of simple necessity is severely hampered by the law itself. It is up to us, We The People, to free our chains and continue to move forward. Otherwise, growing a garden is just that, growing a garden. It's something, but medically speaking, it falls woefully short for those who's needs and desires are greater.

Will complete emancipation of the weed enable us to broaden our field of needs? Perhaps. Will it be the promised land? One can only hope...:peace: Quasi

I like all the posts and they are all screaming solidarity. Don't let those against us try to divide us. Whether it is medical or outright legalization, we need to fight for both.

I am a medical card holder. The argument of it being safer than alcohol and tobacco gets through to most people. That one works well. When I tell them I used to use a puffer and now my lungs are in better shape after smoking, they do not know what to say. Every argument works, just not all the time for everybody. We live with the internet and the information is available for anyone who has serious doubts to do their on research. The only ones we cannot reach are the ones who are not willing to listen. Unfortunately they will be shoved aside in the search for truth and freedom.

I feel that in our time of social growth we have learned that things are just not right when it comes to government. Government has become a tool of the elite rich to control the flow of money. Big oil companies to corporate America spend way more money in Washington on lobbyist than you or I would spend or could afford. It has been this way for way to long. Than along comes Medical Marijuana. The symbol of free thinking and personal freedom that started in the 60's and is on going today. So here is the symbol that kind of signifies the hate for corporate America that turns out to be great for many medical conditions. We who use it for medical condition have shown that people who use it do not turn into social deviants' who go out and kill people on our highways or is a gateway drug or fill the unemployment roles. This is what propagandist have shoved down our throats by media, Law enforcement and government. If you look at the recent court case in San Diego where the jury of peers are ruling in favor of medical marijuana and co ops. In L.A. council is listening to the people not the two legal blow hards who cannot even back up their claims. This whole movement has shown that maybe city hall can be made to listen. That our government is dead wrong when it comes to a war on drugs and maybe this will be the start of greater movement that finishes what was started in the 60's and brings back a sense of compassion for your fellows brethrens. You are right their is no room to spare in the battle of personel freedom to be who you are not what someboby else is telling you...:peace:

Back
Top Bottom