Atlanta Protest Calls For Legalization Of Medicinal Cannabis Oil

Jacob Redmond

A group of demonstrators in favor of legalizing marijuana protested outside the Georgia State Capitol Tuesday as politicians consider a bill to legalise cannabis oil for certain medical conditions.

The protest was organized by the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, NORML, and was attended by 75-year-old Elvy Musikka, one of four patients who currently forms part of a national Investigational New Drug program that tests new medicines on patients.

Musikka is suffering from glaucoma and has received monthly deliveries of a smokeable form of marijuana since 1988, when she joined the program.

"They know that it is a safe and efficient medicine. We all had to prove it," she told reporters.

Politicians are debating the passing of the bill to legalize the use of medical cannabis oil for cases of cancer, autism, seizures and a range of other illnesses.

The law would also allow 17 families, who have moved to another state to obtain cannabis oil for their sick children, to return home without fear of prosecution.

The legislation as well would implement a comprehensive regulatory structure for the drug to be cultivated, processed and distributed in Georgia.

35152.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Atlanta protest calls for legalization of medicinal cannabis oil :: La Prensa :: America in English
Author: Web Staff
Photo Credit: Erik S. Lesser

Back
Top Bottom