Beasley "Smoked Too Much Marijuana" In Miami

Evidently Michael Beasley, the overall No. 2 pick in 2008, burned bridges in Miami because he burned too much leaf.

Beasley was traded to Minnesota a few weeks ago to clear the team checkbook for the triplets.

Timberwolves general manager David Kahn told ESPN 1500 Twin Cities that the 6-10 forward struggled because he "smoked too much marijuana."

Minnesota was able to pick up Beasley for two future second-round picks. Prior to playing a game in the NBA, Beasley was fined $50,000 for a marijuana incident at the Rookie Transition Program.

Kahn said Beasley told him "he's not smoking anymore, and I told him that I would trust him as long as that was the case... he has developed a really good support system around him this past season in Miami. He's hired people to help him grow up. He is growing up -- he's not grown up. He's 21 ... "

Beasley's numbers were not terrible in two years in Miami. He averaged 14.3 points and 5.9 rebounds but the team was expecting him to be the No. 2 star next to Wade.

Kahn thinks the price was right to pick up the forward.

"...he's an incredible talent, and for us to be able to land him for ... two second-round picks -- that's the kind of risk that I'll take any day of the week."

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: USA TODAY
Copyright: 2010 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co. Inc.

* Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

Back
Top Bottom