Best Bangers of 2021 Rated

Smokin Js

There are a lot of bangers on the market. I am amazed at the innovation in the banger category that has accelerated the past couple years. Smokin Js took the time recently to review and rate our most popular bangers to help with the confusion surrounding all the different options.

We reviewed our most popular bangers on five categories:
1. Heat Retention
2. Ease of Maintenance
3. Dab Size Versatility
4. Flavor Delivery
5. Smoothness

Check it out.

bangers.jpg

Why does everyone call them "bangers?" Something to do with sausage, lol? I did some extracting with acetone, about a million years ago, and the end result after probably almost nearly enough evaporation tasted like fish and sausage - but I figure most people managed to skip that particular form of stupidity, so that's not likely to be it. Was it just a term that someone came up with because a better one was already in use, like calling a thing a roach clip because pot holder was taken?

And is the only difference between a bond and a banger the... part you load up with product?

Yes, I'm slow. I still - on the rare occasion when it's an option - make do with finding up some bud, mixing it with the extract, and packing a bowl. Wasteful, probably. But a bow lasts longer that way ;).

Can you help a hillbilly get educated?

There are a lot of bangers on the market. I am amazed at the innovation in the banger category that has accelerated the past couple years. Smokin Js took the time recently to review and rate our most popular bangers to help with the confusion surrounding all the different options.

We reviewed our most popular bangers on five categories:
1. Heat Retention
2. Ease of Maintenance
3. Dab Size Versatility
4. Flavor Delivery
5. Smoothness

Check it out.

bangers.jpg

Why does everyone call them "bangers?" Something to do with sausage, lol? I did some extracting with acetone, about a million years ago, and the end result after probably almost nearly enough evaporation tasted like fish and sausage - but I figure most people managed to skip that particular form of stupidity, so that's not likely to be it. Was it just a term that someone came up with because a better one was already in use, like calling a thing a roach clip because pot holder was taken?

And is the only difference between a bond and a banger the... part you load up with product?

Yes, I'm slow. I still - on the rare occasion when it's an option - make do with finding up some bud, mixing it with the extract, and packing a bowl. Wasteful, probably. But a bow lasts longer that way ;).

Can you help a hillbilly get educated?
You know, I'm not quite sure. The original form in modern concentrate burning was called a nail. A quartz nail stuck up inside a dome. Then the quartz manipulation became innovative and the units no longer looked like nails. I know many people that still refer to them as nails.

But honestly, the term banger was just used synonymous with domeless nail. I think that is a worthwhile question to find an answer to ... I'm on a mission!

Okay, good luck with that and, yes, please post if/when you find something. Whew, seems like only yesterday that I would have already hit the search engines, maybe the Wayback Machine, found the answer, and offered to write a little something for you to stick on your website. My head just isn't yet fully back in the game, I fear. Plus, it'll be daylight (here) in a couple hours, and I can't seem to stay up all night reading more than twice in a row like I could when I was younger. I start to feel like I've got sand in the ol' gearbox ;). Time to cue up A Passage to Bangkok from Rush's 2112 album and drift off for a bit. Used to be my theme song. . . .

@TorturedSoul Dude... acetone? Wow! You were more brave than I was back in the day! I imagine it DID taste terrible! I find that the dabpress has been a great extraction tool. I have even used it to make edibles instead of alcohol extraction when I couldn't get any Everclear Just decarb the rosin first and then add a touch of alcohol to thin it out. Then add it to your gummie mix or brownie batter. I'm rambling though... You were wondering about the name "banger." I admit that I too have been wondering where the name came from. Yeesh, I shouldn't read or answer posts after I smoke.

Back
Top Bottom