Best Purple Strain 2 Grow Indoor? N e 1 no? YieldxDifficultyxColor

Status
Not open for further replies.

veritas1983

420 Member
I'm looking into growing a bunch of purple buds. So I am searching for seeds online. Who out there know's what the best strain of purple would be to grow indoor?
What Seed company? What strain?
Any Pictures of your purple product 2 help give me a visual would be cool. Thanx 2 all who share there experience. Thanx :peacetwo:

Re: Best Purple Strain 2 Grow Indoor?? N e 1 no? YieldxDifficultyxColor

don't know the best but be wary - a lot of the purple strains these days are just marketing the fact that they have purple in them. color does not = potency, or taste. Its just color. I love me a good purple kush.

Perhaps a NL cross with some purple, Northern Lights is easy to grow, big yeilder, high potency. Find one crossed with some purps.

I am smokin the Purple Berry right now (purple kush x blueberry) and its incredible - could not tell u how it grows though, or if you can even get seeds...

Good looking out. thanx for the insite. I'm looking for a strain that looks like grapes. but yet Smokes and tastes good. I'm going to be getting some seeds and am trying to find some info on a good purple strain. thanx 420 :reading420magazine:

GDP, Purple Kush, Blueberry, Crimea Blue, and all similar variants can produce purple bud with proper care.

Like Growheart said the color purple does NOTHING for the quality, taste, smell, etc. It's just different pigment chromoplasts within the plant. Much better strains can be had if you move away from irrelevant things like color.

Rite on Rob. I figure color does nothing for potency but Purple buds are sure Pretty. Grapes Yummy... I've grown Chocolope, Blue dream, n sum sour diesel.
I now want to grow the purplesst bud I can.
Big dark Dense grapes are what I'm going to shoot for on my next grow. It's all for personal smoke. So I'm trying to get some helpful insight on Purple strains of bud. What strains are known to b very potent or have very strong high. Yield is Very Important, And Dark looking buds. What strain is good So with that said thanx again growheart & Rob :smokin:

Thanx 2 all who share with me. :reading420magazine:

U mentioned grape, I have heard that grape ape is pretty bomb ? Not sure if the plants are purple in color though...

I'm glad your giving some input on this. :thanks:

Has N E 1 purchased and grown personally any strain that has a dark purple look 2 it? What strain and from what company??

Another thought : check out VISC (Vancouver Island Seed Company), a lot of their strains contain purple when grown out, although this is in part because of the cooler fall temps outdoors in BC...

And your never going to get as much info as you want just by asking, gots to do some digging around bro... use the search tool and search for purple in the title, by using advanced search. Made this one easy for ya:

420 Magazine - Search Results

Not going to be as easy, but may be quicker than waiting for the purp growers to stumble upon your thread...

:peace: and good luck

rite on Heart thanx. Yeah I've done quite a few searches. I get bunch of old outdated posts n discussions. Well I'm gunnuh look thru the link you've given me. Really appreciate.

Looks like the purp growers are not helping out on this one. lol
Was trying to c if n e 1 has purchased a purple strain grew it with success and was happy with smoke. that's all I was looking for. I'm gunnuh get some seeds, Was just trying to get a feel of the purp strains after harvest. Really which ones are good. Trying to make a sensible purchase That's all. Thanx heart ! N Rob 4 the feed back :cheer:

rite on Heart thanx. Yeah I've done quite a few searches. I get bunch of old outdated posts n discussions. Well I'm gunnuh look thru the link you've given me. Really appreciate.

Looks like the purp growers are not helping out on this one. lol
Was trying to c if n e 1 has purchased a purple strain grew it with success and was happy with smoke.

please don't use l33t words. Most of us here are quite mature people. This isn't a race to text as many words as possible.

There are quite a few strains that will purple with care and a little luck.

As far as what is the best ... many could argue this very point, but you can't go wrong with Purple Kush... I personally like the strain Blue Fruit from Dinafem. Its easy to grow, smells delicious, has potentially huge yields, and most importantly ... has excellent "purple hue" bag appeal.

My friends and I planted 25 reeferman early purple kush seedlings last spring and just recently harvested ... only 4 had purple / blue hues ... and thats even with the last week of nights getting below 50 degrees. So ... my point here is ... just because the strain says purple doesn't mean the pheno you get from seed will be purple ... which is why i say get at least 5 fem beans of each strain you may like ... cut a clone or 2 from each mother and flower them out. You will eventually find the purp you want... and when you do ... kill the rest (or put them outside) and grow your crop from the purp mom you found.

I suggest getting at least 5 fem beans of each purple strain you wish to grow and grow each one out from a clone and go from there. I don't think there are straight up purple plants from the get-go, but you will find some have a higher tendency to turn purple with a little care and know-how. I think after you find that "purple" color you're looking for, then you should concentrate on mastering that plant and upping your yields. I'd be willing to be that you will find a monster yielder before you get that purp color though.

I don't know of any purple strain that will give you a huge crop though from the get-go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom