Bong water filters out thc?

Buds4Breakfast

I read an interesting article from norml MAPS - Volume 6 Number 3 Summer 1996 -

interesting part is this:
Contrary to popular impression, waterpipes don't necessarily protect smokers from harmful tars in marijuana smoke, according to a new study sponsored by MAPS and California NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws). The reason is that waterpipes filter out more psychoactive THC than they do other tars, thereby requiring users to smoke more to reach their desired effect. The study does not rule out the possibility that waterpipes could have other benefits, such as filtering out gases, but it suggests that other methods, such as the use of high potency marijuana, vaporizers, or oral ingestion are needed to avoid harmful toxins in marijuana smoke.

Just wondering what yall think about that

I call bullshit! Bongtokes get me hella high.

Yes its a very interesting article. I have seen it before. I don't see how it gets the THC out because THC is not water soluble but if so that sucks. I have a phx and it has plenty of filtration a few rips and I'm good. I don't need to smoke more.

I get 10x more stoned off one bong rip, then smoking a whole bowl to the face.

Sorry, but respectivly I think thats is all a bunch of BS. Because even one bowl out of any of my waterpipes gets me flying more than anything and I have smoked many different kinds of regular glass handpipes.

Edit- The trichomes are only water soluable in their unburnt state. Thus BS.

I'm calling shenanigans on this one!

i think a bong will get you higher than an equal amount of weed in a pipe or in a joint because, especially with the joint, alot of smoke goes into the air that your not smoking. With a bong your not losing much smoke to the air.

HappyOneHit said:
I'm calling shenanigans on this one!

:laughtwo: Reminds me of that one South Park episode.

But I also know this is complete bullshit. I never get half as high off of a joint or a few bowls in a pipe than I do from a bowl in a nice bong.

In conclusion, keep ripping that bong! :bongrip:

i get much much much mucho higher w/ bongs dude

Haha I have no idea, its one of those things I figure everyone would have gotten right away!

Most of the time when I smoke a bong load there comes a point where I'm not sure if I have the ability to hit it again...physically, like I don't think I can lift the lighter lol. It takes a couple more pipe bowls for that to happen

If THC dissolved in cold water easily you would not be able to make bubble hash at all. I suppose using the coldest water you can get will allow for the transmission of the most amount of THC possible.

I don't see how water could filter out any THC, either way bongs will still get you .

Even if the water does filter out some of the THC, it probably wouldn't be much. And it seems to be clear that the size of the hits make up for any loss of THC.

They burn weed completely different too. Pack a bowl in my bubbler and you get 10 rips or so. Put that same amount in my pipe and it'd go around forever.

Well, the evidence seems to suggest that bongs have a higher tar to THC ratio than other smoking methods, (remeber, the study would probably be biased the other way seeing it was a study done by NORML), but through my own personal experiance I find that bongs definatly do get me just as high or higher off less, or at least the same amount of weed as other methods.

Back
Top Bottom