Bud Drying Box - Used in Flower Cabinet

JBUptown

Hi 420 Folks,

I recently visited a perpetual grow where they are drying the harvested bud in the Flower cabinet. I was told that problems arose drying the bud, it was just full of aromas and stinking up the surrounding area with terpenes. Although it is legal to grow in our area, the circumstances required the odors to be contained. They had the idea, or read it somewhere, to dry the bud in the air scrubbed flower cabinet in a dark box. They built a ventilated box with baffles, that doesn't allow light in, and it circulates air from the Flower cabinet using the same air scrubber as the Flower cabinet. The box was just placed into the cabinet and the two small 12v fans were powered up. I thought the temperature in the cabinet of 81F was a little high (I dry around 70F), and the humidity was 55% in the cabinet, but the results were impressive. The buds were very nice and potent when cured.

Has anyone else done this and if so, what was your experience?

It seems like a good secondary use of the ventilation system, but I'm a little concerned about poor results. Drying and Curing ... it's like soooooo important!

Thanks for any feedback, experiences, or knowledge.

Best Of Buds

JB

:Namaste:

I guess this is either too crazy of an idea, or no one else has bud drying odor control problems. I still might give it a try with a small amount and dry the rest per regular and see for myself if it has any merit. Thanks anyways

Best Of Buds

JB

It sounds reasonable. The RH of 55% seems a bit on the low side, if one considers some NL growers site saying that 60-65% is when curing takes place, not just drying. Depending on what's what, I may even not do a box and just hang them over the lights. I'm getting quite skeptical of pseudo science now and 'light degrades thc' is just one of those things putting me off my food. If the plants won't grow beyond 8inches from the lights, then how much can that 'light' damage the thc if the buds aren't even under the light envelope? Sounds like saving time and money codging together a separate dryer box to me. If I was using something other than cfls I'd make a beach umbrella at the least.

Back
Top Bottom