Cannabis Saved My Life - Kathy Reynolds

MedicalNeed

When Kathy Reynolds was diagnosed with breast cancer little did she know her treatment regime would become as hard to survive as the cancer itself.

When I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1991, I knew that I was facing a challenge, but I had no idea what I was in for. My treatment left me feeling sick, weak, and unable to eat for three months. My weight was down and my health was faltering.

I tried every medication available to me, but nothing my doctor prescribed helped – some even made things worse. With all other options exhausted, my doctor told me that marijuana might be able to help. So, I used marijuana for the first time and it saved my life.

The near-instant relief from the nausea allowed me to start eating again, regain my health, and beat my cancer.

That was nearly 20 years ago. But today I face a new battle. I now have a painful degenerative bone disease as a result of bone marrow transplants received during my cancer treatment.

I know my condition could be improved by medical marijuana, but I am left with the terrible choice of living with pain or living as a criminal.

That's why I'm asking you to please support the Marijuana Policy Project's "26 by 2012" campaign. MPP wants to remove the federal government's prohibition on medical marijuana, which basically requires 26 states to have laws making medical marijuana legal.

To achieve this goal, MPP plans to run a number of difficult medical marijuana ballot initiatives in 2012, beginning with Arkansas right now. Signature drives are expensive, though, costing approximately $180,000 in the case of Arkansas, and MPP can't begin the 18-month-long process until they've reached $10,000 in new monthly donations. Please, consider making a $10 monthly donation today.

MPP's "26 by 2012" campaign needs your support. Reaching 26 medical marijuana states by 2012 will help ensure that patients like me can have safe, legal access to the medicine our doctors recommend.

Please support MPP with a monthly donation today. I don't want to be a criminal. I just want to live a normal life.

Sincerely,
Kathy Reynolds
Bella Vista, Arkansas

NewsHawk: MedicalNeed: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: pr.cannazine.co.uk
Author: Kathy Reynolds
Copyright:2010 pr.cannazine.co.uk
Website:Cannabis News - Cannabis Saved My Life - Kathy Reynolds

Back
Top Bottom