Carbon dioxide (co2)

kushcheese9

As plants need this vital gas in orda to thrive i was just asking what would you recomend to have carbon dioxide in and around my growroom i have 2 incoming vents to bring fresh air inside my room but i want high levels of carbon dioxide all the time soo the plants have everything....any suggestions please :)

Depends how much you need to vent to control temp and humidity. If your fans run a majority of the time, the CO2 you pay for will be exhausted before it can be utilized by the plants. If you are always exchanging fresh air, you will be better off without it. If you want to run a sealed room, you will need to supplement w/ CO2 and use AC to control the heat. CO2 is most useful during flower after the stretch is over (as it encourages stretch) and not desired during the last week or two during maturation (high CO2 encourages the plant to keep flowering and delays development of ripe trics).

I have my fan and filter coming on in regluar interviews for example when the lights are on the fan and filter comes on every 2 hours for an hour and when its dark it comes on once just before the lights go on for an hour.. ive read somwhere that a good cheap production of carbon dioxide is gas stove leave it on for a few hours when there in there 18 hours light cycle. or another one is a carbon dioxide fire extuinguisher which ive been told spray the powder co2 into a sock or two and then hang the sock on the ceinling of your growroom..are these good ideas or would they be bad ideas ?

bare in mind im on a budget i cant rely afford to spend ?100 quid plus on a carbon dixide regulaor etc thank guys :)

A byproduct of combustion is CO2, so is CO (carbon monoxide) which is poisonous to people. Fire extinguishers are expensive and expensive to refill everyday. You already have the fans, run them. Read my tagline......

A byproduct of combustion is CO2, so is CO (carbon monoxide) which is poisonous to people. Fire extinguishers are expensive and expensive to refill everyday. You already have the fans, run them. Read my tagline......

IS there anywhere i can buy a carbon dioxide reader for quite cheap :)

Have u tried the yeast/sugar/water method? Thats pretty cheap but u will need to redo every 3-4days tho

how big is your grow space ? and does your intake of air come from outside the house ?. if your fans are only on for short periods of time the yeast method should work fine altho if you have a good source of air coming from outside then co2 supplementation isnt needed but you will probably see a benafit from it and using yeast and sugar is really cheap and easy to do

Also there are a couple natural products that create C02, it comes in a bag and you sit it in your tent..the stove thing, I'd leave that alone, your asking for trouble or death, do some more research, I read that negative air pressure creates Co2 also, your plants can only take in so much, best of luck

Also there are a couple natural products that create C02, it comes in a bag and you sit it in your tent..the stove thing, I'd leave that alone, your asking for trouble or death, do some more research, I read that negative air pressure creates Co2 also, your plants can only take in so much, best of luck

Whats negative air

negative air pressure, you create it when you suck air out of your tent or room with a carbon filter or something, and have air coming in, either through a vent with some duct attached<- (passive) -> or in a room it can come in under a door or you might even have air being pushed in, but passive is best from what I read more air going out that you have coming in creates negative air pressure

Back
Top Bottom