Co-op Offers Medical Marijuana Delivery Right to Your Door

Jacob Bell

SEATTLE, WA -- With city leaders embracing medical marijuana, at least one company is taking pot door-to-door.

Dante Jones is a medical marijuana entrepreneur. His business was inspired by his own experience after a car wreck.

"It became hard to walk, hard to stand, hard to move my muscles," he said.

The pain inspired the idea for Green Ambrosia, a nonprofit co-op that aims to help those coping with medical issues by delivering marijuana to home-bound patients.

"It knocks out joint pain, nerve pain, muscle pain," said Jones. "Patients have been really excited by this. It's giving them the medication that they need when they need it."

Plants are on the menu, as are sweet treats like marijuana-laced cupcakes and cookies.

"I mean we are Seattle, so we love food," said Jones, laughing. "One dose - you're looking at 60 to 90 minutes of effect."

Green Ambrosia and other dispensaries are getting a boost from Seattle's move to legalize and regulate the drug.

"This is an evolving process for us," said Kimberly Mills, a representative for Seattle City Attorney Pete Holmes. "The city will continue to add regulations and is looking at all issues regarding medical marijuana."

The city says customers must have an authorized medical marijuana patient card signed by a doctor in order to receive in-home delivery.

"It needs to be printed on a tamper-resistant paper, and they need to have their Washington state ID with them. Those are two requirements we have," said Jones.

On Green Ambrosia's website, painkillers labeled as "Hawaiian Kush" and "White Widow" go for a suggested donation of $270 per ounce. Cupcakes are sold at $15 per dozen.

Jones says his business isn't just about making money.

"I've watched people that can't sleep, can't communicate with their family, their kids because of the pain they're going through. I've watched this change that all around," he sad.

Gov. Chris Gregoire gave cities in Washington the right to regulate medical marijuana. Seattle decided to license and tax medical marijuana gardens as co-ops.

The next step for Seattle is setting up zoning regulations for dispensaries, which could include a mandatory distance from schools. The city is also forming a committee to deal with any complaints that might arise.

news3.jpg

News Hawk- Jacob Ebel 420 MAGAZINE
Source: komonews.com
Author: John Flick
Copyright: Fisher Communications, Inc.
Website: Co-op offers medical marijuana delivery right to your door

Back
Top Bottom