Digital Ballasts and wifi interferance

Miseria

Is this a real issue or should I file this under the foil hat category? I've ran across some posts this morning where people complain about this. Some even say their digital ballast messed up radio signals on the whole block. I'm planning my grow room and was set on some nice Solis Tek digital ballasts but if its gonna funk with my wifi I'll just go magnetic.

Or is this just an issue with cheap, poorly made ballasts?

Many thanks!

Hi Miseria.

Welcome to 420 Magazine!

I haven't ever heard of this being an issue but can attest that I have a digital ballast about 15 feet from my computer and use a wifi signal to connect with my printer and have not experienced any problems.

Is this a real issue or should I file this under the foil hat category? I've ran across some posts this morning where people complain about this. Some even say their digital ballast messed up radio signals on the whole block. I'm planning my grow room and was set on some nice Solis Tek digital ballasts but if its gonna funk with my wifi I'll just go magnetic.

Or is this just an issue with cheap, poorly made ballasts?

Many thanks!

I have 2 Hortilux 600 watt e ballast. They are deffinitly not cheap. I am having problems with rf signals escaping and getting into my coax cable. Cable company said they traced the noise back to my house. So the price of the expensive units does not guarantee you wont have problems. You buy a cheap Chinese made ballast and i'm sure it will be howling like a wolf.....

Im still in the process of trying to fix my problem. Check out my journal for the full story and updates.

I am running 4 600 watt phantom digital ballasts in my basement and have no problems with WiFi or cable

Im not having any problems with my cable or wifi either. Apparently it is causing problems with my neighbors TV and internet

Back
Top Bottom