DIY LED light

budsforall17

I would like to string 10 of these lights together and plug them into the wall.

5 watt
430nm (hyper violet)
6-7 max forward voltage
700mA
1000-1200 mW radiant power (not sure if that matters)

I am confused on what parts i need and the logic/science behind how the volts amps and watts work. i am really here to learn i hope someone can help.

i believe the only parts i need are a heatsink and a 70 volt 50 watt 700mA driver and i will string the lights together attach them to the driver then attach the driver to a 3 prong AC outlet and bading badaboom im done...

im almost certain its not that easy

Just a few things off the top of my head. On the road so don't have specifics but maybe a direction to start. You'll need a rectifier to change ac to dc then a way to step down the voltage some resistors or a rheostat which is just an adjustable resistor. That should get you going. Look up ohms law it will give you the formulas you'll need plus help you with all you electric needs.

You can buy anywhere from 5 to 100 watt single LEDs along with drivers ( power supply ) ,and heat sinks on eBay. I just purchased several Cree XT-E 50 watt that has both bright white 6000K and warm white 3000 K in one chip. You need a separate driver for each chip.

Hope this gives you some ideas. By the way the chips cost about $25 each and the driver about $13 each.

Back
Top Bottom