Doctor in Edmonton Canada that will Prescribe Medicinal Marijuana?

You cannot be refused treatment in Canada. Period. Green card or no green card, rich, poor, stupid or smart. No one can be denied medical treatment or service in Canada.

It's true that nobody can be denied basic treatment in Canada, but special treatment is reserved to those who can afford it. Really, it's weather or not the province can make any money from it and there are not taxes set in place for marijuana. Since legalizing marijuana saves the government so much money, it's too hard to justify taxing it yet. I've had the invoice for $364 for slightly over a month and I haven't chosen to pay for it yet. Honestly, I make my own edibles from the illegal weed that I am currently getting right now. If any government official has an issue with me choosing to treat my cancer with marijuana, I'm positive the court-case would be thrown out...

I can pay $364 for a medical weed licence, or I can show proper respect for my medication and spend $450 on some grow lights. The choice is obvious, but one day I may go for a legal growing license to supply to fellow medical users.

It's true that nobody can be denied basic treatment in Canada, but special treatment is reserved to those who can afford it. Really, it's weather or not the province can make any money from it and there are not taxes set in place for marijuana. Since legalizing marijuana saves the government so much money, it's too hard to justify taxing it yet. I've had the invoice for $364 for slightly over a month and I haven't chosen to pay for it yet. Honestly, I make my own edibles from the illegal weed that I am currently getting right now. If any government official has an issue with me choosing to treat my cancer with marijuana, I'm positive the court-case would be thrown out...

I can pay $364 for a medical weed licence, or I can show proper respect for my medication and spend $450 on some grow lights. The choice is obvious, but one day I may go for a legal growing license to supply to fellow medical users.

Judging by what you told me, you still don't have your card yet- you still have to pay for it before you get it. If this is the case, and If you have a severe enough condition, that has been documented on paper with you trying multiple pharmaceuticals to combat it,which failed and it's just a possession charge, then yes it would be thrown out of court. But cultivation, thats when it gets tricky. You'd definitely be charged with a trafficking offense, and compared to getting out of possession charges, it's alot more difficult.

In a judges eyes, he/she is gonna be looking at the following things.

1. Why you are using marijuana for medical purposes
2. Why you haven't decided to continue pharmaceutical treatments.
3. Why you haven't paid the money to receive your card
4. How much marijuana you possess and/or cultivating at the time of arrest
5. Any previous criminal history.

If the judge has suspicion in any of those aspects,that you cannot reasonably justify, you're going behind bars.

They no longer issue growing licenses or PUPL (personal use production license) until after the Allard case is heard before the Supreme Court of Canada. If you have cancer there is places that will give you the script for free or for a lower fee of $50.

If you dont mind putting your face on tv this would make a great little news story. The public really doesn't know what it takes it get a license in Canada. It could really open some peoples eyes. I wish you all the best.

They no longer issue growing licenses or PUPL (personal use production license) until after the Allard case is heard before the Supreme Court of Canada.

When is that going to happen?

Anyway though,in this day in age, with many youth becoming cops, and even some of the older ones, they understand that cannabis is not something really worth law enforcements time. Theres a cop who lives right across the street from me, who decided to stop by a few days ago to return some tools my step father loaned him. He saw a plant I was growing and knows I have my MMPR license, and I said "I know I can't technically grow legally until the courts settle the matter, but I'd appreciate if we just forgot about this"

He chuckled and said "I think this court stuff is just a waste of time, better off just legalizing the damn stuff so we can stop throwing away tax dollars on government lawyers fighting sick people"

I think it's being postponed until after the election but don't hold me to that. They have the whole transcript available online but it's over 2000 pages.
The outcome of the case will only effect MMAR patients who were issued PUPL cards tho. The Harper govt does not want people growing themselves.

I think it's being postponed until after the election but don't hold me to that. They have the whole transcript available online but it's over 2000 pages.
The outcome of the case will only effect MMAR patients who were issued PUPL cards tho. The Harper govt does not want people growing themselves.

I wouldn't doubt it, harper and his gang of CONS don't want the negative press.

IIRC John Conroy said it could either be giving the grandfathered MMAR patients their rights back, or it could be all patients. There was a youtube clip of it, i'll have to look it up.

Frankly though, it would be unfair to let only the MMAR patients get their growing rights back,though i suppose it's better than nothing, but in my eyes everyone with their federal exemption deserves it.

Of course harper doesn't want people growing themselves, doesn't mean he's gonna get his wish. Remember, the supreme court keeps being in our favor, not the former federal liberal government, nor the current Conservative government.

Timeline

2001- Health Canada is forced by the Supreme Court to create a medical cannabis program, seeing is how the current section 56 exemption is unconstitutional, as you still need to buy the weed from criminals.Section 7 violation. Hence, MMAR is born.
2014- The MMPR is created, taking away growing rights and creating the LP system
2014- A temporary injunction is granted by the Supreme Court regarding the growing rights, until the matter is settled.
2015- The supreme court finds that other forms of medical cannabis being illegal, is unconstitutional.

IMO, it doesn't look good for Harper.

If you dont mind putting your face on tv this would make a great little news story. The public really doesn't know what it takes it get a license in Canada. It could really open some peoples eyes. I wish you all the best.

I personally wouldn't mind putting my face on the news, but with my specific personal situation, morals and cause, the case would turn into a public service announcement against the use of anti-psychotics. The psychological chemical "remedy" put me in the situation I'm in, and although I've been off them since 2013, they leave physical issues that continue to get worse. Now, along with MJ, I use a litany of various herbal suppluments from a professional herbalist in order to keep alive. My "life taxes" are currently between $450-$700/month, plus another 340/month for MJ painkillers that I cook into food, with rent and food on top of that.

It's is easy to get on the medical program if you have symptoms (which I do), but the people at oasis spa claims they are the only service in Alberta that offers gaurenteed access to the medical program. They ask for their substantial one-time fee of $364 to cover the risk (and I imagine a contribution to possible lawyer costs), which I actually think is perfectly reasonable. Since my only source of income is alberta's long-term disability though, a medical licence is a cost that I definitely cannot afford with my other treatment costs. It feels like I'm throwing away chances to survive, but for what?

Really, I don't want to be rich or famous, i just want the oppourtunity to live my life without riding the edge of death all time. Just to work towards a career I enjoy and work towards being able to stay awake for longer than a few hours at a time. With these silly societal rules, the only way i could do that is to say: "shhhhh, it's a secret."

I'm just not rich enough to tell the truth...

Thanks for sharing Morningsunset,

I really hope that change comes sooner then later for yourself and others that could use cannabis to help with there quality of life. When the day comes nothing would make me happier to be able to grow for others.

The alberta medical association pretty much blocks doctors from being able to prescribe it unless they want to face consequences. They have this whole setup to get marijuana through legal channels but make it as difficult as possible to actually get it. So it's no wonder that some people have given up on that avenue and just grow discretely in their home or yard. Add to the fact that you have to pay to get a prescription is another blunder because the only ones who will do it, only do it for profit. In Alberta its like if you're not making money off of someone then you're doing it wrong.

Back
Top Bottom