Doesha Cup - Act II ATT: MCBIP Cardholders

Pinch

Doesha Cup - Act II ATT: MCBIP Cardholders

DOESHA CUP again. (Universal Tokers' Holiday) My buddy sent me this, see attachment. MCBIP card necessary for admittance. This is the second event of its kind in LA.. (First one in Echo Park area Dec/04) a fun event. :goof: Good people, good vibes and always good pot, edibles, etc! Go to "420-day.com" for more info.

I went to the first one. It's where I smoked weed with Mike Tyson (a Mystery Judge.. "You pot smokers are cool guys." Mike T. after 6 or 7 bowls). Fun time! :peace:

Mr. S., it is an awesome event all the growers bring their products for sampling.. again.. ONLY IN AMERICA! Ya gotta love it! Sorry you can't make it.. you sure?

caseywildrose said:
the guys at the mcbip office told me they will send me something in the mail about it ill be there

You can go to their site at 420-day.com. Mind you a buddy of mine, a vendor, said he heard they may not be able to pull it off. They want you to have their card (MCBIP) to get in. A little cost involved and a lot of time. That's cause the kids in charge of the program are always "stupid". Is it worth it? Well, if it goes down, it's kinda fun. I went to the last one around Xmas at Echo Park area in LA. This event tends to attract young stoners, real Prop 215 patients? I don't know.. their type gives the entire program a fishy feeling. The tide may be turning soon if we Prop 215 patients, as a whole, don't try harder to legitimatize medicinal MJ. :peace:

ya i know im 18 so i try really hard not to give off the young stoner who gets a cannabis card just to smoke but i have the scars medical reports and a paralized right arm to prove i am legit my heart stopped twice on the operating table so i should be dead plus i hated marijuana before i got injured it fucked my throat and lungs up too bad to smoke it but i have built resistance to it since its such a hassle that if the pills worked as good as mj and they didnt fuck with me so much i wouldnt smoke it

Well, what immediatly draws me away from this event is the fact that you HAVE to be a card holder. I am a medical marijuana patient. I suffer from a painful disease. WHy should I have to shell out money to buy a card NOT RECOGNIZED BY THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, but merely a piece of plastic issued by a private organization with no authority whatsoever? THis to me soils the legitamacy of the meical marjunana movement. I understand making a fwe bucks off of the ticket price, but to also force people to pay for a card, when the law does not require us to obtain one, is ridiculus.
ALso...2:00pm, on a Wednesday? Dont these fucking people work??? Its not like I can just ditch work and get the day off from my boss so i can attend the doesha cup. Im not sure hed approve ;-)
-PM

Mr. PM. You have a point, my friend. Somebody (or bodies) is(are) generating some good bucks from these events.

(California) State-sanctioned cards will be available in all counties by the end of the year. The Gov gave the health dept a $1.5million start-up loan. :peace:

Really, Wednesday.. you're right.. no, I think these people in LA don't do much more than smoke pot all day.. that's why it didn't surprise me to hear 420-DAY might not get produced.. like, du-ohh, man.. :jerkit:

BLACK DOMINA.. hmmm hmm good.

o mann you have some black domina, you are a lucky lucky man. now thats a good indica. but yeah that is true pm. i think we should make our own cup. lol.

Pinch, a private conversation with an owner of a club revealed these places take in about 50 -100 g's a day. Theres lots of money in this industry, but you ahve to be A) hooked up legaly and, probably, politcaly and B) be prepared to goto jail. Its definatley high stakes if you think about who you are defying (THe federal government). And Id LOVE to go to this thing....but if memory serves me correctly, its 50 bucks for a card from these people, PLUS the 100 I'd have to pay to get a ticket, and then allthe money id lose for taking the entire day off of work!!! That's lousey. I love the whole 4/20 theme, but come on, lets be realistic. Make it a damn saturday!!!
SMokey, depending on what the Supreme Court tells us in June, I may just call you on that! If they rule in favor of Reigh, then we will FO' SHO' have our own little cannabis cup ;-)
-PM

This is probably a really stupid question but what is a MCBIP card necessary . just wondering

I dont remember what it stands for but its a specific group located in Hollywood that issues out cards and holds marijuana events. THey are NOT liscenced or sanctioned by the state of CA, therefore their card and services are PRIVATELY created and PRIVATELY handeled, without any real backing that a STATE issued card carries.
-PM

Medical Cannabis Buyers ID Program but the reason i got one is because i got my perscrip through them and it also allowed me to have instant access to cc in hollywood but they are starting an official ca medical id program in 10 counties this year not one of them my county but if it goes good then the trial period will end and it will be all of cali exciting to know that the police will finally have a state card to go by

Ambassador of Goodwill

This has been cancelled from what I have heard. In regards to the medical claim. The cost of the card etc. The last cup if you needed weed it was available. I saw lots of friends (in wheelchairs) get 1/2 - 1/4 lb of weed with their admission price. They needed it and they got it. I don't think that is a bad thing at all. I also know friends that were there that did not have their MCBIP cards and they were able to get in. You cannot be a vendor however if you don't have a card. :biggrin:

Yo...I dunno who wrote the original thread but there is a lot of misinfo involved here. 1) You don't need to have a MCBIP card to go...but since the Doesha research group is who puts out the cards and puts on the event, you get a discount for having one. I personally paid $125 because it was after Nov. 1 ($100 if you bought b4.) Also, I read that you can be a VIP judge and have access to judging the finals, as well as a VIP lounge by paying an extra $50. 2) The event is on Dec. 3rd, a Saturday, not a Wednesday, and it goes from 5pm (doors close at 7pm) until 2am. I'm looking forward to it. I was skeptical about the legality and safety of the event but they assured me that by not disclosing the location until JUSt before the event, they are able to keep away uninvited guests. PEACE yall and TOKE ON!

Back
Top Bottom