Farmers' Market To Hand Out Medical Marijuana Cards

Truth Seeker

A medical marijuana farmers' market is making access to the drug easier.

WeGrow, a Phoenix company that sells products to help people grow their own medical marijuana, is hosting the market on Sunday, June 10.

Although entry to the farmers' market is strictly limited to people with valid medical marijuana cards, WeGrow will have a doctor on sight who can issue certification.

"People who bring in their medical records that can get qualified that day," said WeGrow owner Sunny Singh.
Currently, Arizona patients can get a medical marijuana card if they've been diagnosed with chronic pain, cancer, glaucoma, AIDS, muscle spasms, or Hepatitis C. If you bring the proper medical records demonstrating that you suffer from one of those ailments to WeGrow on Sunday, you could be certified by a doctor that day, and be allowed access to the farmer's market.

Angel Diaz, a Phoenix artist who suffers from chronic back pain, will attend the market for the chance to meet local growers.

"It's like growing your own vegetables. You get your own flavor," said Diaz.

He may have the chance to sample some of the products grown locally by Chad Foley, whose family has grown marijuana for years.

"I've been around it my whole life. I grew up in Northern Montana out in the woods, where we had it growing since I was5 years old. I remember my dad cleaning it up at the dinner table when I was a kid," said Foley.
He now grows multiple varieties for Arizona patients, and also offers pot-laden baked goods. Foley said without the farmers' market, few would know about the services he offers.

Singh said that's exactly why he's hosting the event. He's hoping to unite patients and people like Foley, who he calls care-givers.

"Because there are no dispensaries open yet, there's no safe access to get any medicine," stated Singh.

The Arizona Department of Health Services is currently sifting through applications to run dispensaries, and will award certificates to run the dispensaries later this year.

The Arizona Medical Marijuana Act passed in 2010.

be1ff6bb7663b4dd4d3df7a83f1563ef.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: azfamily.com
Author: Christine LaCroix
Contact: Phoenix News | Arizona News | azfamily.com | Contact azfamily
Website: Farmers' market to hand out medical marijuana cards | azfamily.com Phoenix

Back
Top Bottom