First Grow! 1x Purple Bud Feminized From Sensi Seeds

Wonderful Gro

Hello everyone! This is my first grow. I am using 4x 2700k CFLs (1400 Lumens ea) + 1x 2700k LED (950 Lumens). I'm growing indoors on a closet, 1x Purple Bud Feminized strain from Sensi Seeds. It's 75% Indica and I will be using it to help with my chronic back pain. She's currently in her 5th day of flower. Let me know what you guys think about my girl!
420-magazine-mobile1881652227.jpg
420-magazine-mobile947906683.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1757219006.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1734568871.jpg

Shes lookin pretty good for only using cfls:) You generally dont wanna water your plant directly on the leaves though. And nice job on the "topping". Also it looks like you trimmed a couple fan leaves to get light to those lower tops. Continue to do that if needed it will help the lower ones reach the top, and you can kinda fold the fan leaves down sometimes but they wont stay everytime.

Shes lookin pretty good for only using cfls:) You generally dont wanna water your plant directly on the leaves though. And nice job on the "topping". Also it looks like you trimmed a couple fan leaves to get light to those lower tops. Continue to do that if needed it will help the lower ones reach the top, and you can kinda fold the fan leaves down sometimes but they wont stay everytime.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by :) I usually water her until I get somewhere from 15-20% drainage. The leaves I usually just spray them really carefully. Should I stop doing it? Also, I topped when she was about 2 1/2 weeks in veg.
Again, thanks for taking the time! Happy toking

Thanks for taking the time to stop by :) I usually water her until I get somewhere from 15-20% drainage. The leaves I usually just spray them really carefully. Should I stop doing it? Also, I topped when she was about 2 1/2 weeks in veg.
Again, thanks for taking the time! Happy toking

No problem-o. Ya i would recommend not doing it anymore. And if you're getting that much drainage i would say youre probably over watering. How often are you watering? I try and always remember that generally the number one reason peoples plants arent happy is because of over watering. I was bad about it myself when i started. Its just natural to want to give it alot of water. Also i would recommend trying to hang your cfl's differently. Most all of the light comes from the side of the bulbs. So i just took a square piece of white plastic and mounted the bulbs to it on their side and then hung it over the plant. It will reflect alot of the light back down. Also you want to keep the bulbs as close as heat will allow but it looks like you already knew that cause your plant didnt really stretch.
This is a photo of what i made. Its not a good photo but you get the idea.
20141109_005214.jpg

No problem-o. Ya i would recommend not doing it anymore. And if you're getting that much drainage i would say youre probably over watering. How often are you watering? I try and always remember that generally the number one reason peoples plants arent happy is because of over watering. I was bad about it myself when i started. Its just natural to want to give it alot of water. Also i would recommend trying to hang your cfl's differently. Most all of the light comes from the side of the bulbs. So i just took a square piece of white plastic and mounted the bulbs to it on their side and then hung it over the plant. It will reflect alot of the light back down. Also you want to keep the bulbs as close as heat will allow but it looks like you already knew that cause your plant didnt really stretch.
This is a photo of what i made. Its not a good photo but you get the idea.
20141109_005214.jpg
Hello, thanks again for all the advice. I usually water her every monday and friday. Unless the soil gets too dry. Also before watering I always check how 'moist' the soil is. About the lights I will definitely follow your advice and I'll try to come up with something that doesn't burn my house down eheh. Regarding LST I will do it but I'm still studying how to. Since this is my first grow indoors I don't want to be experimenting during the flowering stage, so I want to first make sure that whatever it is that I'm going to do to her is the right thing. Also this is the first time that I'm growing this strain. Once again I appreciate the time you're taking for giving me a hand. Stay safe ;)

Awesome sounds like you have everything pretty much in order. You are doing a great job;) lst-ing sounds like theres more to it then there really is. But its really simple and has huge rewards. Basically all its doing is training the plant to accept its light from straight over head instead of the sun which moves. And the only way you can really hurt a plant doing it is if you tug on a branch to hard and break it. Thats why its best to start when the plant is young and flexible.

Awesome sounds like you have everything pretty much in order. You are doing a great job;) lst-ing sounds like theres more to it then there really is. But its really simple and has huge rewards. Basically all its doing is training the plant to accept its light from straight over head instead of the sun which moves. And the only way you can really hurt a plant doing it is if you tug on a branch to hard and break it. Thats why its best to start when the plant is young and flexible.
Ok so, since she is already in the flowering stage, should I start the LST process or not? Because you said that it is better when the plant is young and flexible (assuming that means veg stage)

Hello again everyone!
My lady just entered week 2 of flower.
I also named her, take a look at Stella!
I started LST training again and here are some pics of her! Getting smelly here, reminds me of pinewood mixed with rosemary, smells wonderful though!
420-magazine-mobile1552731640.jpg
420-magazine-mobile779805042.jpg
420-magazine-mobile610673453.jpg
420-magazine-mobile809880924.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1113554619.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1186465579.jpg
420-magazine-mobile588065161.jpg

Happy growing everyone and stay medicated!

Back
Top Bottom