First grow going well until now. No idea what is happening to my girls.

capcapcaptain

Everything was perfectly fine until about 5 days ago, that's when I started noticing what is pictured below. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I don't have enough information here, please let me know and I'll get you guys whatever you need. Thanks in advance!

SOIL GROW

Strain - Blueberry
# of Plants - 5
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 25-30 Gallon
Lights - (8) T8 23w
Nutrients - Advanced Nutrition Sensi Grow
Medium - Pro-Mix BX
PPM - ?
PH - ?
RH - 45%
Room Temperature -75 - 76
Solution Temperature - 75 - 76
Room Square Footage - 10' x 10'
Pests - Waiting for microscope to figure out what they are. They're about 1/4 size of a grain of rice, they have tiny legs, but look like little worms. They are white/translucent with a bit of green on the posterior area.

More Info:

These came from seeds that were planted on August 8th.
They are planted in 25-30 gallon "auto watering" pots
Each plant gets about 1/2 gallon of nutrient water every other day, more if needed.
My nutrient solution is 1tbsp of part A and part B Sensi Grow in 1 gallon of water.
My water is in a reservoir with a pump to circulate and evaporate any chlorine
My soil is ProMix BX
I'm using 8 T8 fluorescent lights
My room temp is kept at 24C (75F) and the humidity is at 45. These are constant and do not vary.
They are in veg state, but are ready to flower. I want to fix this issue before I start flowering though.
The room they are in is about 200 square feet and completely sealed from outside light.

Here's the pictures:
2013-10-22_135821.jpg
2013-10-22_135745.jpg
2013-10-21_185006.jpg
2013-10-21_184847.jpg
2013-10-21_184449.jpg
2013-10-21_184349.jpg
2013-10-21_184336.jpg
2013-10-21_184326.jpg
2013-10-21_184303.jpg

I got my microscope in the mail, confirmed it's a Thrip infestation. I'll start reading up on how to eradicate these, but if you guys have any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers

Photo_on_2013-10-22_at_15_18_3.jpg

Just figured I'd post am update. I contacted my local hydro store as well as a horticulture company. I'm going to pick up some Amblyseius cucumeris bugs in 2 days and I have been told they will fuck Thrips up like it aint no thang. I'll post an update after I put them to work.

Cheers

Plants are looking good captain. I'm on my first grow too and had the same problem with thrips on a few of my plants growing in soil. I'm sure what you plan on getting will work just fine but just in case you wanted more info I was able to fix the problem with neem oil. You can make a foliar mix and spray it directly on the leaves (definitely safe while still in veg). Also thrip larva grow in the soil so if you don't want the infestation to come back you will need to water your soil with something to get rid of the larva. I just added about a ml of neem oil to the solution in a few of my watering sessions and it seems to have worked. Like I said just some extra info from someone who went through the same thing, hope it helps. Happy growing man.

Thanks a lot for the info man, I really appreciate it. I might as well pick up some Neem oil as well as the crazy bugs I'm getting. The sales rep ordered some breeders for me as well, so they will stick around longer than the non-breeders. I checked out your grow, your ladies are looking straight gorgie!

You could also put some sand on top of your soil to stop the larvae from coming up and kill them off.

Your plants look ok and I hope you can control them in time.It looks like there is a lot of spacing in between the nodes on your plants.That could mean they are not getting enough light.Just a thought...SOLO :)

For the first month or so of their lives they were grown by sunlight. Then switched to Fluorescent, and just recently 600w HID. I know they were starved for light quite a bit in the early stages.

Back
Top Bottom