First time hydro setup, couple of issues

Dsbc

Hey alll

Im in the middle of setting up my very first grow room.

Now as a Reservoir i have a plastic barrel layed down on its side with a hole cut in it, at the top. I have a bubbler and I will be drip feeding the plants for 3 15min cycles a day.

The drainage return into the Reservoir is actually 150-200mm higher than the bottoms of my pots. The reason behind this is:
A: I wanted to maximise how much water i can get into the barrel and
B: I could only elevate the pots so much as I have a height issue.

So basically my question is will this still work or am I going to have to either drop the water return in the reservoir or am I going to have to raise the pots.

I would appreciate any info. cheers

Well I actually tested it over the weekend and they fill up 3/4 of the way so way to high.
I may have to get a shallower but larger area tank an ev lift the pots a little.
unless some one knows a better solution.
Would it be a good idea to put bubbling stones in each bucket?

I would think so....

I use both bubblers and ebb and grow system. If you use the bubbler system (DWC) then you would want to run an airstone 24/7 in your bucket. You do have to replenish the water, and more so as your plants get big and hungry.

As for a drip system it is best to return the "drip water" back to a resevoir unless you use a very small drip amount to the point where your plant consume the feedings.

What type of grow media are you using? Some pictures might get some answers (probably better than mine) quickly.

Hope this makes sense.

CGs

I am using grow wool for my first cycle but will probably switch to cocco next time.

What im going to do is I will have a small pre-tank that collects water from pots.
This pre-tank will have a float pump which will drain into the main reservoir.
Thanks for the replys

Back
Top Bottom