Florida: John Wood Files Legislation To Give More Patients Medical Marijuana Options

Robert Celt

More patients could be allowed to use medical marijuana under recently filed legislation in the Florida Legislature.

On Thursday, Rep. John Wood, a Winter Haven Republican, filed legislation, HB 1183, that could expand medical marijuana options beyond a narrow category of patients, including children with a rare form of epilepsy.

Wood's proposal would allow use among patients who have been certified by a physician to be suffering from a wide variety of diseases, including cancer, epilepsy, HIV and "a terminal illness." The proposal does not allow a patient to smoke medical marijuana.

Wood told The Lakeland Ledger he did not "believe medicine should be smoked. When you do that it blurs the line."

Sen. Jeff Brandes, a St. Petersburg Republican, has also filed legislation, SB 852 that also would expand who could use medical marijuana. Unlike Wood's bill, Brandes' measure would allow a patient to smoke medical marijuana if "two physicians have separately submitted recommendations on patient certification forms to the department."

In 2014, state lawmakers passed a law that allowed a low-THC strain of marijuana, called Charlotte's Web, to be used for medicinal purposes. The state, however, has been slow to enact the law.

The push to expand coverage comes as United for Care once again tries to get a medical marijuana ballot on Florida's ballot this fall. In 2014, a similar amendment received 57.6 percent support, just shy of the 60 percent needed to pass.

Florida-mmj.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Florida: John Wood Files Legislation To Give More Patients Medical Marijuana Options
Author: Jenna Buzzacco-Foerster
Photo Credit: None found

Re: Florida: John Wood Files Legislation To Give More Patients Medical Marijuana Opti

Its a shame that with some of these bills wording that kills a patient. I know there is not enough research on this but that is only the governments fault by far.
The bill in 2014 for low THC was just a set up for whats coming and of course 3 of the growers lic to grow where on the panel of who decided WTF
Now personal grow is not on the ballot once again WTF Do they know how many people they are hurting by letting the state still run the show. Just because you can get it on the ballot does not mean its a good thing to let them RUN all over you. If you look at the legal states that allow growing and see the statistics, Food stamps are DOWN because now they have the money to buy food instead of the medicine they need., crime is down for burglaries because now they were stealing to support the medication but now that they can grow there own they DO NOT need to look elsewhere.
I think it's a shame that Recreational will not make the ballot. That was the one chance to put the power in the people instead of big brother. Now you will still have to purchase it from THEM. Once you get a card you are now limited in so many things. Colorado you can not get a Comm drivers lic and here they will fuck up health care if you have a card. Sure you might be able to buy it a little cheaper but at what cost.
California Harbor side you will get such great perks, free consul,free stop smoking classes and so much more for what you ARE SUPPOSE to get. But now it will just be a DRUG STORE.
People please do not be fooled. i am all for the bill and will vote yes, but i wish the people who draft the bill would grow a pair of BALLS. Once you give the state so much power how easy do you think it will be to change it later to what it SHOULD be.
I have been growing for over 40 years and now i have to spend most of my time in Colorado,California,Oregon and Washington because at least they did not back down to big brother. They did not shrink there balls just to get something on the ballot.
i am sorry if this sounds harsh but the truth is what it is. I am ashamed of Florida by the way they let themselves get runed over by the bus in hopes to say well its a start. WTF.
GROW SOME BALLS
The 2014 low thc bill was such a set up it makes my skin crawl and they bit. Think why do you think it is not still available yet.... because the state has not made it completely there way. It fucking amazes me how people are not involved in getting it right. They were involved in getting it to pass which of course i really applaud you for it but no one seemed to have really read the bill. to let that wording pass was just crazy. NO SMOKING... and of course do you not think they would want it in the reral bill. The one where smoking helps almost 80% of the people. You know that means vaping and more.
Well i really could go on and on, when i call these supporters about this they either seem not to know or really do not care. WHO'S FUCKING POCKET ARE YOU REALLY IN

Back
Top Bottom