Flowering Under a 125 CFL 6500k

weedfairy

Does anyone have any experience flowering under a 6500k bulb? I know that flowering plants prefer the warmer spectrum, but I couldn't pass up a 125 watt bulb!

Im flowering my current grow, 12/12 from seed with this spectrum.

Interested to know how flowering plants do with it.

:tokin:

i would like to know also . been thinkin bout testing this myself . one plant high spectrum and one plant low spectrum . both 12/12 from seed . and then comparing the results. note , that is a long time for an expirement .

I use mostly CFL's, and have done it with 12 - 12 and regular 18 - 6 grow. If you plan on flowering them you better get some 2700k bulbs. Flower use the red spectrum mostly for formation.

6500k = blue
2700k = red

This is how I roll.

1/2 strength Veg nutes + 1/2 strength bloom nutes.
week 1 - 3 use a 3 or 4 to 1 ratio of blue to red bulbs.

100% strength Veg + 100% strength bloom nutes.
week 4 - 7 use a 3 or 4 to 1 ratio of red to blue.

Flush with water.

100% strength bloom + 1/2 strength tiger bloom + 1/2 strength cha-ching + 2 tsp molassas per gallon.
week 8 - 10 finish All red except one which is 5000k full spectrum.

100% strength bloom + Full strength tiger bloom + full str cha-ching. + 1 tbl molassas per gallon.
week 11 - finish All red except one which is 5000k full spectrum still.

If your plant isn't finished just keep completing the final step till it has.

Flush with molassas and water when your plants are ready. I usually go 2 tbl per gallon. Let them complete their light cycle then stuff them into night night for 2 days.

Mainly just make sure in veg you have more blue, and flower alot more red especially at the very end. The 5000k at the end really helps with bud formation.

I personally like to use the 42 watt 150 equivalent red bulbs, and the 23 watt 100 equivalent blue bulbs.

:goodluck: Hope this helps with cfl growers. ;)

I use mostly CFL's, and have done it with 12 - 12 and regular 18 - 6 grow. If you plan on flowering them you better get some 2700k bulbs. Flower use the red spectrum mostly for formation.

6500k = blue
2700k = red

This is how I roll.

1/2 strength Veg nutes + 1/2 strength bloom nutes.
week 1 - 3 use a 3 or 4 to 1 ratio of blue to red bulbs.

100% strength Veg + 100% strength bloom nutes.
week 4 - 7 use a 3 or 4 to 1 ratio of red to blue.

Flush with water.

100% strength bloom + 1/2 strength tiger bloom + 1/2 strength cha-ching + 2 tsp molassas per gallon.
week 8 - 10 finish All red except one which is 5000k full spectrum.

100% strength bloom + Full strength tiger bloom + full str cha-ching. + 1 tbl molassas per gallon.
week 11 - finish All red except one which is 5000k full spectrum still.

If your plant isn't finished just keep completing the final step till it has.

Flush with molassas and water when your plants are ready. I usually go 2 tbl per gallon. Let them complete their light cycle then stuff them into night night for 2 days.

Mainly just make sure in veg you have more blue, and flower alot more red especially at the very end. The 5000k at the end really helps with bud formation.

I personally like to use the 42 watt 150 equivalent red bulbs, and the 23 watt 100 equivalent blue bulbs.

:goodluck: Hope this helps with cfl growers. ;)

thanks for the info , next time i need help , i will be sure to ask you !

Thanks AK! Thats a great nute schedule! The flushing in between weeks and the molasses with just water sounds like it would be awesome.

However, I'm still dead set on using my 6500k 125 Watt CFL. I have 2 t8 warm spectrum bulbs on the sides of my cabinet.

Will the 6500k CFL yield decent buds?

6500k is perfect for veg. However the plant uses a different light as it's primary source to make flowers. It uses the 2700k or 3000k range cfl's and a little of the 6500k.

So if you plan on using it as your primary light source expect the buds to be fluffy and not that dense. They will not be very desireable.

Just make sure not to skimp on the red spectrum. It's extremely important for flowering.

Sadly a t8 wont give you the lumen output you will need to grow nice flowers. It would be excellent side lighting just at or below your canopy. Get some of those 150 watt 2700k cfls. I think they use like 42 watts or something. They fork out about 2,600 lumens per bulb. Depending on your space I would get 4 - 6 of them and rig something up.

If you can hang your 6500k a little higher and at an angle to your plants, then have the 2700k's as close to the tops as possible you will have very nice plants. You'll still be able to use your 6500k at the same time, but totally don't do it alone. You'll be unhappy in the flowering stage.

the instant they show sex begin your bloom nutes on the next watering. Then gradually start making your red bulbs your primary, and your veg bulb as suplimental.

Great! All of this helps a lot. I have been smoking... and researching spectrums and bulbs for the past 2 hours.

The internet is awesome when you're stoned.

I've found that most people agree with you. Some people say the 6500k will produce fluffy, non-dense buds just as you said.
I definitely plan on adding some warm bulbs. I'm sure my plants will use up the blue spectrum as much as they want, I will try to get as much red as space and heat allow.

Since flower formation is best in the last few weeks, I may decide to build a Do It Yourself CFL reflector and stack it up with 2700k-5500k bulbs. That 6500k can come out and the reds can go in. Easy switch.

Plans of constructing a larger stealth cabinet are already in the works. It will be interesting to see the 12/12 results from these, but a Veg chamber is looking like the way I want to go. So the 6500k will not go unused!

Thanks for the advice and good information! :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom