Illinois: Medical Marijuana Program Chief Hails Start

Jacob Redmond

The man in charge of Illinois' Medical Cannabis Pilot Program said it's running smoothly.

Program director Joseph Wright did, however, point to a few "technical glitches" that have delayed some patients receiving their photo ID cards. which they need to obtain cannabis.

"And we've tried to resolve those problems immediately, as soon as possible," said Wright, based in Chicago. "And we are going to hammer out all of the kinks as we move forward as quickly as we can. But I think, overall, things are unfolding well, and the tragectory is pointing upwards in terms of how well the program will work."

Wright said he has spoken with patients and generally gotten positive feedback.

"It does seem we have a high number of satisfied customers, or patients, out there," he added.

Wright, who worked previously as an assistant general counsel for Gov. Bruce Rauner, said he had never imagined taking on a job like his current assignment. "No, absolutely not, this never occurred to me as a career path, but I am very happy to be here," he said. "This is a fantastic opportunity to create something, and, hopefully, help some people."

Needless to say, as soon as he explains what he does for a living, he sets himself up for a punchline.

"Jokes about getting free samples, and, 'How does your office smell?' I've heard them all," he said. "But I think people are just interested because it is something new and different that hasn't been done here before. There is a lot of curiosity about it."

15341.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Medical Marijuana Program Chief Hails Start
Author: Tony Reid
Photo Credit: Wikipedia

The real reason the numbers are so low is they set the bar so high in who qualifies that most of us don't. I was a full time Firefighter/Paramedic that has herniated/bulging (depend on which Doc you talk to as to which it is) 2 discs in my lower back and 2 more in my neck from carrying a 500+ Lb. person down a flight of stairs on a stretcher and I had the bottom with most of the weight. I now suffer from 4 discs which push on my spinal cord (not a spinal cord disease though) putting me a severe pain 24/7 (It's also not recommended to have surgery because the location, They say it's 50/50 as to whether it would help or make it worse) , Migraine headaches, P.T.S.D. as well as severe depression from missing my job. But even I don't qualify for Illinois MMJ program. I filled out the form to add new conditions, wrote to every politician I could, but no one has ever gotten back to me. I just wish I could tell him it's NOT running smoothly here in Illinois and has so many problems it's not funny.

Back
Top Bottom