I'm in a bit of a dilemma: granular nutrients at bottom of pots

bobj

I think all my granular nutrients have been watered down to the bottom of my plant pots. There's still nutrients in there (I think) but they're all at the bottom of the container. None of the top roots of my plants are getting any nutrients.

If I add more nutrients, will the nutes at the bottom cause issues?

I think all my granular nutrients have been watered down to the bottom of my plant pots. There's still nutrients in there (I think) but they're all at the bottom of the container. None of the top roots of my plants are getting any nutrients.

Hi Bob
If you are worried about salt build up at the bottom, you could flush it out first
Top dressing of frass or blood/fish/bone will break down slowly and take quite a while to make it to the bottom of the pot, if at all
Unless you plants are showing signs of over-feeding I wouldn't be worried

Hi Bob
If you are worried about salt build up at the bottom, you could flush it out first
Top dressing of frass or blood/fish/bone will break down slowly and take quite a while to make it to the bottom of the pot, if at all
Unless you plants are showing signs of over-feeding I wouldn't be worried
Not salt buildup, fertilizer buildup. These nutrients I'm using practically disintegrate as soon as they become introduced to water. I think over the course of the month I've been watering all those nutrients have become liquefied and now sit at the bottom of my pot. Hopefully that makes sense. The plants seem to be growing fine, albeit for a few yellow leaves where it doesn't seem like any light reaches.

Not salt buildup, fertilizer buildup. These nutrients I'm using practically disintegrate as soon as they become introduced to water. I think over the course of the month I've been watering all those nutrients have become liquefied and now sit at the bottom of my pot. Hopefully that makes sense. The plants seem to be growing fine, albeit for a few yellow leaves where it doesn't seem like any light reaches.
Salts are the result of synthetic fertilizers as you describe, so the same thing really
That's why organic top dress would be best, as there is no residue

Salts are the result of synthetic fertilizers as you describe, so the same thing really
That's why organic top dress would be best, as there is no residue
I'm not using synthetic fertilizer though, it's granular fertilizer product that carries the OMRI label. It's like little pellets that I work into my top soil. Not sure if that counts as synthetic or organic, but I know it dissolves easily when I mix with water. It's made out of soy beans potash, phosphorus acid and nitrogen

It's important to know exactly what it is
Sounds organic from your description so you should have no problems
Organic nutes do not build up like synthetic nutes
It's the PROMIX Organic Garden Fertilizer for Tomatoes, Vegetables & Fruits 4-4-8, if you Google that you'll be able to find it if you'd like to take a look.

Im using Geo flora it is also a top dressed nute water does break down top dress nutes and feeds the plant I have too add a 1/2 cup of nutes every two weeks to replenish them are your nutes a once and done or do you need to add more after so long? If you have to add more on a regular schedule you should be fine

I grow in 3 gallon pots. Use 2 table spoons of geo Flora per plant, every 2 weeks.extreamly happy autos.

IMG20220914132142.jpg

It sounds like a very unique problem and maybe there is something else actually happening.

What are you seeing that makes you think that there are still nutrients in there but they are all at the bottom of the container now instead of at the top? What do you see happening?

It's the PROMIX Organic Garden Fertilizer for Tomatoes, Vegetables & Fruits 4-4-8, if you Google that you'll be able to find it if you'd like to take a look.
I looked it up and it has feeding schedule of once every 6 weeks @SmokingWings is asking the right questions

Most likely. Salt will build up on you will kill ur lady's flush those pots out good

Back
Top Bottom