Indoor Questions: Transplanting/Water/Lights

XcaLi

First it all started when the weather here got really cold and i had to get them out before frost hit, but they're only about 5weeks into budding. So i transplanted them into 4 pots and moved them into the house. I watered them with miracle gro so they would get some nutrients.

I'm using a 120V lamp with 2x 40watt 2 ft long lights. Tallest plant is 6" away from light, shortest is 17".

How often should I water the plants?

I keep seeing people talking about 240Watt to 400 ... so im assuming my plants will die with this low of watts?

What distance should the plants be from the light?

A fan taking air outside and bringing fresh air in is needed right?

Re: Indoor Questions: Transplanting/Water/Lights... :)

I now have 2x 150watt floodlights and 2x 50watt halogens.

On watering the plants here is a good thread about that Here

The lights should be as close to the plants as possible. Light fades the sqaure of the distance. So the closer they are the move light they recieve. But you have to be carful with heat. The HID lights give off alot of heat so you have to adjust to find the right distance. It sounds like your using a flourence lights. I always put my flouros right on top on the plant as they dont give off as much heat.

You need ventilation. Plants need to breathe too.

Now your lights will keep your plants alive but they won't produce very much. 40 watts is nothing next to the power of sun they were growing under. Add some more light and you should be good and get a decent harvest.

Well you added the lights before finished my post haha. The flood lights will definitly help. Are they HID(Metal Halide, High Pressure Sodium) or more flouros?

Halogens lights give off more heat than light and aren't very good for growing.

Well i think their flouro's cuz it says 150 PAR/FL 120V on box ... i had the 150watt ones in for like a hour till one of them melted the thing holding it -_- so i gotta wire up a metal holder roof light socket or something ... gotta find out how first ;o

Well i think their flouro's cuz it says 150 PAR/FL 120V on box ... i had the 150watt ones in for like a hour till one of them melted the thing holding it -_- so i gotta wire up a metal holder roof light socket or something ... gotta find out how first ;o
Those are not gow lights and will produce a very little usable spectrum and a ton of heat. Floros, metal haide, high pressure sodium and some newer LED panels are the "only" lights usable for growing.

Yah I'm using:

4x 40watt flouro's
5x 23watt flouro's
and a 13 watter

Back
Top Bottom