Is A Carbon Filter Necessary?

If you are legal and you don't mind the smell, no the filter is not necessary. I have one installed in my room, and turn it on when/if the smell gets overwhelming and leave it off otherwise. It's also nice having the ducted fan to vent outside in the case where my humidity goes too high.
I do pretty much the same here. The fan and filter is an aid for air exchange. A fan and some duct hose would do the job but the filter reduces the smell of the flowers since the tent is used just for flowering plants. It reduces the flower smells in the basement and the rest of the house.

Another good use for a charcoal filter is that the charcoal will trap other impurities in the air and not just the smell of the plant. That is one of the reasons for the charcoal filters used in range hoods; not only the smell of hot oils but also the oil molecules that will end up on the walls and ceiling. Charcoal is also used in air and water filters to trap pollutants that are not trapped by the usual filter and pre-filter materials.

I get the logic but I would rather spend maybe $200 on a carbon filter and increasing the stealth level.
Recreational is legal here but that does not stop thieves. The filter reduces the chance of smells getting out to the front of the house.

Back
Top Bottom