Kaya Compassion Medical Marijuana Dispensary's New Pricing Policy

Kaya Compassion Center, a medical marijuana dispensary near LAX, announced today that it is setting a maximum price of $55 for one eighth of an ounce of its highest grade of medical cannabis. It also announced that it is becoming a Founding Sponsor of the Dispensary Defense Group, a newly launched advocate for the dispensary system.

Patients need and deserve the widest possible choices of the highest quality medicines at the best possible prices at the most convenient locations, and we salute Kaya and its members for standing up for their rights.

Richard Cowan, the President of the DDG and a former National Director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), hailed the move, saying, "Patients need and deserve the widest possible choices of the highest quality medicines at the best possible prices at the most convenient locations, and we salute Kaya and its members for standing up for their rights."

Cowan, who is also a medical marijuana patient appeared at Kaya last Sunday (7/5/09) to thank them for their support. Cowan also thanked the Marijuana Medicine Evaluation Centers (providers of medical marijuana cards) for their support for the DDG and for patients. "I got my own card through the MMEC because of their Attorney Protection Program, which helps patients who have problems with law enforcement."

Cowan added, "The medical marijuana dispensary system is a positive good, not only for the patients, but also for the entire community. By providing a safe source of medicine for patients, the dispensaries deprive poly-drug street dealers of a big part of the market. The dispensaries also employ a large number of patients, who might not otherwise be able to get jobs. They also pay rent on locations that would otherwise be vacant in these difficult times."

Justin Hartfield, whose cannabis club locator service was the original Founding Sponsor of the DDG, noted, "When a dispensary is well-run and draws enough patients, everyone wins. Volume lowers costs, so suppliers can lower prices. That is more important than ever, and that is why we are proud to support the DDG, and we hope that all of the best dispensaries will follow Kaya's example and join the DDG."

For more information, see the Dispensary Defense Group.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: PRWeb
Copyright: 2009 Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC
Website: Kaya Compassion Medical Marijuana Dispensary's New Pricing Policy Shows How "Competition Helps Patients"

8- 12 bucks a gram to start. dont rip off people with that 55 buck an 1/8 stuff. thats what i pay now !!!!!!!!!!!!
smoke on smoke on smoke on my people of peace.

Back
Top Bottom