Kettering Woman In Fight For Her Life

Truth Seeker

Tonya Davis of Kettering has made it her life to fight for a law that she says will save hers and the lives of others. Davis has been given a death sentence. The Kettering woman suffers from pseudohypoparathyroidism meaning her body is not able to absorb the nutrients she needs. Doctors have found massive calcium deposits on her brain.

David told 2 NEWS, "I face dementia, alzheimer's, heart attack, stroke, that's my future." However, Davis isn't giving up because she believes a change in law can help make her future less painful.

Davis is working to allow doctors to do their job and recommend whatever the safest medicine for their patients.

For the last ten years Davis has been fighting to legalize marijuana in Ohio for medicinal purposes.

"For the last decade I've been going down to the Ohio statehouse, rolling around in my wheelchair and suits talking to anyone who would listen," Davis said.

Some lawmakers have listened, but bills that have been introduced have died. 18 states and the District of Columbia have laws that allow for people like Davis to use cannabis, but she has no plans to move.

"I shouldn't have to leave my state to go die like an animal, wounded animal, to go to a state where I have no support or family," Davis shared.

Davis supports legislation that would require those using medicinal marijuana to register with the state and be issued an ID.

Davis said, " We're willing to go into data bases. We're willing to have the Ohio Department of Health control it. What other group is willing to go through all that?"

She says members of the medical and law enforcement communities back her. With the legislature starting fresh in 2013 she's written an open letter on Facebook to gain more support.

However, the press secretary for Governor John Kasich told 2 NEWS the Governor does not support legalizing marijuana even for medicinal purposes.

"I need to make this clear. I do not buy, sell or grow. I made that promise with my police department before I got into the activism," Davis added.

Eventually she thinks cannabis could be sold and treated like tobacco and alcohol, but for now her push is to have it treated as medicine.

"I don't have a stake in the financial end of it. My stake is my life," Davis stated.

There is a petition circulating to get the issue on the ballot in Ohio.

Tonya_Davis.JPG

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: wdtn.com
Author: wdtn.com

Back
Top Bottom